JonG

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E Select
Country flag
I know I’m old, but I can’t be alone, right? I need to be able to play cds in my MME select. Any recommendations? TIA
Sponsored

Anders31

First Name
Anders
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR RWD 2023, Star White
Country flag
What do you mean by old? I used to burn/rip hundreds of CD/DVD in my twenties, never touched one again, just put everything on a 128 GB USB stick and go, why all the pain of setting up a CD player?

However I have a seen a topic of someone integrating a full sound system inside his mach-e frunk/trunk and while this is a not a CD system, that guy might be able to help you :)

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/audio-upgrade-mach-e.31277/

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
You just need to get one of these adapters:
arsvita Car Audio Cassette to Aux Adapter, 3.5 MM Auxillary Cable Tape Adapter https://a.co/d/0WYIZbj

Plug it into the audio out on your CD player and pop the cassette into the cassette deck!

OP
OP

JonG

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E Select
Country flag
Thanks, folks. I’ve ripped a few to MP3 and don’t want to hassle doing that with all my music. There must be a decent portable player that sounds good and doesn’t deplete the battery completely.

Jim D

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - select AWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
My Mach E has a 512 GB USB key, with over 12,800 songs in flac (lossless) format in it.

JJR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
If you haven't already, copy all your CDs to your computer. Each one will probably take 30 seconds.
Now you'll have another copy of all your music safe and available.
I have a tiny computer that I use as a music server that has a bluetooth connection to my stereo system, using iTunes to catalog everything.
Now you can copy whatever music you like to a thumb drive. Or just copy it all.
And for the record, I'm 74.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
This type of device will work. Good luck finding a brand from a company that you've ever heard of though...

https://amzn.to/3RfbUqP

Travlcub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Corporate Travel Consultant
Country flag
I know I’m old, but I can’t be alone, right? I need to be able to play cds in my MME select. Any recommendations? TIA
DL to your phone or memory stick etc.

lonndog

First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leaf, Prius V, Mach-E (2021 in 2022)
Occupation
SW CI/CD
Country flag
This takes me back 30 years or so, when I tried playing CDs in my Subaru Forester. They'd skip like crazy.

So I grabbed a disk drive adapter (what you'd use to mount a drive inside a PC case), wrapped a bunch of rubber bands around it, then set the CD player on it and put another rubber band around it to keep it in place.

That thing would bounce up and down like crazy -- but no skips! I called it...Bob. 🤪

Cool that there are players like what @RickMachE pointed out, if you really want to continue with in-car CD playback.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Why stop at CDs? This one even has BT, there's also a model with USB

https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-AT-LP60XBT-BK-Belt-Drive-Hi-Fidelity-Anti-Resonance/dp/B07N3RFXRL/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1DOFS7RU8ACWZ&keywords=audio+technica+lp60xbt&qid=1700840809&sprefix=audio+technica+lp60xb,aps,99&sr=8-3&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.304cacc1-b508-45fb-a37f-a2c47c48c32f

Something like what Rick said might work, just depends on how "different" ford usbs are set up.

Best bet would be a regular old 3.5mm audio jack to bluetooth converter, you'll lose some audio quality, but given the speakers in the Mach-E I doubt you will notice much.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HJ5Q6Z...8c8424ed7de44ab29da957ba86b10fde15|B08HJ5Q6ZT

That one seems to check most boxes for your needs.

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
This takes me back 30 years or so, when I tried playing CDs in my Subaru Forester. They'd skip like crazy.

So I grabbed a disk drive adapter (what you'd use to mount a drive inside a PC case), wrapped a bunch of rubber bands around it, then set the CD player on it and put another rubber band around it to keep it in place.

That thing would bounce up and down like crazy -- but no skips! I called it...Bob. 🤪

Cool that there are players like what @RickMachE pointed out, if you really want to continue with in-car CD playback.
I remember my in-car portable CD player, with the cassette tape interface. It had like a 3 second skip capability, unlike the built-in CD players, and yes, it skipped all the time.

vsguru

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium
Country flag
It if were me, and it has been, I'd spend the time to copy the CD's you're interetsed in to your computer. If you use a music organzier, it should automatically name the tracks and albums. Then export/save/copy your new digital library to a USB stick drive. Stick it in the USB slot in the console. That drive will then appear in your music/audio choices in your MME. You'll be able to speak which song/album/artist to listen to, handsfree if you want, or browse through the music list. IMHO the time spent to do this is minimal compared to the enjoyment and ease of listening to what you want to hear. No skipping, no alterations to your car, no moving/storing CD's or devices, no hassle - only fun!

Good luck!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 4
Country flag
Rip your CDs to FLAC or MP3, put the files on a thumb drive and plug it into the car's USB port. Cheaper and easier than rigging up some third party CD player.
Does the car play FLAC files? I know it works with OGG files. (Better than ancient ugly MP3 format!)

Haydn12

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Toyota Prius Prime
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The Lewhey CD player listed above should work fine. Most of the low reviews are from cars that won't play .wav files. We have a similar player in our MME but the only issue is that it won't play the 1st track on some CD's (mostly older CD's). In my car they play fine. These newer USB CD players use Android Auto built into the car. I tried ripping CD's but it's too much of a hassle when you have almost 3,000 cd's! Also, I want to just play .wav files.
Sponsored