Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MMe Prm. 4x , 19 Nissan Leaf, 22 GC 4xe
Occupation
Information Tech
Country flag
So I've noticed an issue twice now with my center display. No particular outside influence that I could tell existed either time. In both cases it happened within the first few minutes of driving and outside temperatures were around 50-60F. The symptoms start as a slight shake to the screen. After a few seconds, I start to see "snow" on the screen (think CRT style television with an older analog signal that is weak). After about a minute the screen becomes completely garbled and unreadable. The first time it cleared after powering down the car for about 30 minutes. The second time I was able to clear it by using the Sync 4 reset process (volume down and seek button combo - thank you forums for that tip!). Anyone else see this? Minor annoyance given the overall experience with the car, but still a little concerning given how everything runs through that screen.
By the way, the bezel diagnostic mode is still functional (hasn't been patched out) for those who might have been tracking that (saw it on another thread here).
Sponsored

johanbohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Mine has done this to me twice now. Although it never faded to 'snow' it just turned on that way as a garbled mess twice now. First time I didn't want to deal with it, went back in, and the next day I left it was fine.
Second time I had to do the Sync Reset and it was good.
If it does it again I may take to dealer.

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
I had something similar happen while I was parking and in with the reverse camera on. The image got all garbled and distorted. If you've seen Wandavision, I felt like I was in that show haha.

wolmart2

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Infinity, 2017 Volvo
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
This has happened to me several times while driving. I has cleared up on it's own after a few minutes. As with most electronics these issues don't get better with time, they just fail. Let's hope Ford recognizes this is an issue and come up with a fix.

MME-Screen-PIC.jpg

Attachments

OP
OP

v8318cid

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MMe Prm. 4x , 19 Nissan Leaf, 22 GC 4xe
Occupation
Information Tech
Country flag
Agreed. In the time since I posted this, I've observed this happening about every 300 miles or so. Happens at random (shortly after departure, middle of a drive, once just opening the door while in the garage to retrieve something) and doesn't seem to be impacted by temperature. The reset command via the steering wheel resolves it so I cannot help but feel like this is a software bug rather than hardware. Just a guess. Glad to know I'm not the only one affected though.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
This has happened to me several times while driving. I has cleared up on it's own after a few minutes. As with most electronics these issues don't get better with time, they just fail. Let's hope Ford recognizes this is an issue and come up with a fix.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Center display fades to "snow" occasionally MME-Screen-PIC
That doesn't look good :(, hopefully it is a simple software fix, this is one of my issues with ford blindly following tesla and pushing the hvac controls to the screen. If you loose the nav map or audio selection it is a right old pain but when important car controls go down with it then it starts to become a major issue.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
It looks like a refresh setting issue where the system for whatever reason tried a refresh rate/sync rate that the monitor doesn't support. Should be a software thing.
Sponsored