Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
My RWD extended range premium is due within a few weeks, and Im planning a road trip to Manhattan in mid-December.

My plan is to drive down and park it for the weekend, since we don’t plan to drive during our weekend stay, then stop for a charge on the way home.

I’ve looked at both ABRP and PlugShare, and noticed chargers at the Cuomo bridge, but wondering if there are better options anyone is familiar with where we can get a bite to eat while charging?
Sponsored

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I plotted this trip over the summer, but never took it. I was planning a stop at the white plains EA to get back to 50-75% before going into Manhattan. Then, I could just park anywhere in nyc without trying to find a garage with charging.

The apps you are using have the most up to date info on charger locations. Read the comments and decide what trade offs you want to make ( charge speed vs food available onsite). EA locations can have chargers that don’t always charge the MME at its max rate.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
The White Plains EA on Central Avenue is one option. Charged there about a month ago. Dante’s deli across the street makes good sandwiches and has lots of other god stuff. The charger was empty when we arrived but full when we left with one waiting. The sandwich was excellent!

figmentsas

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang Eco Vert, 2021 MachE Premium ER-AWD
Country flag
Hi, in NYC, there is the Delancey and Essex municipal parking garage in lower Manhattan where it contains charging stations and it is self parking (no parking valet). The White Plains EA on Central Ave mentioned earlier has a lot of food options (Shake Shack, HMart with food court). If you drive thru I-684, there are EVGo stations at Katonah or up to Danbury Fair Mall. If you drive thru Taconic Parkway, there is a EVGo station at Yorktown Heights in Staples Plaza or further north in Lagrangeville, an EVolveNY station at the Tops supermarket (close to Daily Planet Diner)

gangleeoso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
As a note, make sure you are estimating required battery correctly given that the trip will probably be very cold. I (and many others) have noticed the steep drop in battery life if you use the heater extensively.

OP
OP
oadesign

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
As a note, make sure you are estimating required battery correctly given that the trip will probably be very cold. I (and many others) have noticed the steep drop in battery life if you use the heater extensively.
That's what I figured; hopefully I'll have a good idea of what to expect by then. I checked ABRP, but it seems there are an abundance of L2 chargers, while L3s of 150kw aren't as common.
Sponsored