Ceramic Coating. To coat or not to coat?

Should I get ceramic coating on my Mach-E?

• Total voters

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Bump.

I coated with two coats (mostly due to time, would have preferred to do 3).

I picked up my GT still in wrappings. Not yet washed from the dealership. Ford puts on some sort of sealant on the paint for the trip from Mexico. The paint needed to be stripped.

Process:
Wheels: MAGnificent, washed with wash mit to avoid scratching the aero covers, used wheel brush for barrels, brush for tires.
Wash with Foam Cannon and Finish Kare 118SC and MF covered sponge.
Second wash with Foam Cannon and mix of FK 118SC and Einszett W99 to help break down the coating on the paint
Decon with Mothers Speed Clay 2.0
Light paint correction with M205 on Bauer DA Polisher and Bauer Yellow Pad (Paint and glass)
Wheels and small black trim polished with Porter Cable and 3" Lake Country Orange Pads using M205
Wipedown with Mothers CMX Surface Prep
Ceramic: 1st coat Carpro UK 3.0, 2nd coat Carpro SiC. Wheels coated as well.
Tires: Finish Kare Top Kote 108 AS

Pictures: In the last shot, there was a big ol splattering of bird poop that landed right in the middle of the plastic grille and dried yesterday. I drove in the rain this morning...this is the result.

Nothing sticks. If that water beads any tighter it will jump right off the paint.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ceramic Coating. To coat or not to coat? 1635343060349
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ceramic Coating. To coat or not to coat? 1635343069309
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ceramic Coating. To coat or not to coat? 1635343075949
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ceramic Coating. To coat or not to coat? 1635343085069
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ceramic Coating. To coat or not to coat? 1635343102494

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ceramic Coating. To coat or not to coat? 1635343118986

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
bump along with yes vote.
Gyeon coat

Vapor Blue Met.jpg

thegoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If u use one with graphene it helps with water spots. But yes absolutely ceramic coat

dcbr

First Name
don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru outback, 2021 Mach- E Premium ER RWD
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I have a question regarding continual maintenance after a ceramic coating. I have heard mentioned using a "topper". What is a good product for that purpose and how often and when and how should that be applied? My original ceramic coating was done 3 months ago professionally using I believe a Gt Quartz Ceramic coating. I am very pleased with the initial coating and would like to keep it looking good as long as possible by doing it myself.

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Tesla Model 3 Perf, '22 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
I have a question regarding continual maintenance after a ceramic coating. I have heard mentioned using a "topper". What is a good product for that purpose and how often and when and how should that be applied? My original ceramic coating was done 3 months ago professionally using I believe a Gt Quartz Ceramic coating. I am very pleased with the initial coating and would like to keep it looking good as long as possible by doing it myself.
It looks like the manufacturer of your particular coating makes a product for this purpose and can be found here:

https://gliptone.com/gt-extender.html

I personally love a product made by Xtreme Solutions called "Topper". I have used it for the last couple of years and buy it by the gallon, so it is very reasonably priced. It adds a lot of gloss and helps to maintain the ceramic coating:

https://www.877askxtreme.com/store/p/paocd0c80bnpb6h6yvd58rjwqstiqr

Cooghead

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Logistics company owner
Country flag
I had a ceramic coating done on my Cadillac CTS-V before I sold it and bought my Mach-E. I was very satisfied with it, and it really made the vehicle look good. I going to have it to done to my Mach-E in a few weeks. The only reason I delayed it, is I didn't want to rent a car while it's in the shop getting coated. I ordered a new vehicle for my wife and I will get it done on her vehicle well while we have an extra car. I ordered a vehicle in January and I am still waiting for it to arrive. My friend applied the ceramic coating to his 2004 Mercedes and it took him a couple of days. It looked awesome but I don't have 2 days to work on this.
Sponsored