harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Everyone touting OTA's from Ford, including Ford. Just wondering if Ford will really do regular OTA's fixing, adding or enhancing features of the mustang. I am so hopeful, but very skeptical that they actually will.
any thoughts?
Sponsored

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB FE Mach e, ‘16 fusion energi, ‘14 Focus EV
Country flag
Everyone touting OTA's from Ford, including Ford. Just wondering if Ford will really do regular OTA's fixing, adding or enhancing features of the mustang. I am so hopeful, but very skeptical that they actually will.
any thoughts?
I think they will, but not being a software first company, I think they will stumble. They will end up being very conservative on the timing. Personally, I would love the opportunity to opt-in to have monthly updates and help test the new upcoming fixes/features

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I don't want to sound too skeptical, but with all their timidness (like not allowing scrolling of contact names on your phone while driving, etc) and the prolonged limited beta OTA group, I'm not all optimistic that it will be timely and meaningful. I'm sure sooner or later they'll push something out to be able to say they did, but they seem to be playing it overly safe...

cassmoney0523

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo S90, 2018 MB GLC300
Occupation
physician
Country flag
agree with the above. they WILL do regular OTA updates.

This is their first BEV...they have screamed OTA updates at the top of their lungs...put the mustang name on it...etc.

if they start dropping the ball or the updates aren't significant enough to actually notice, failing to deliver as advertised...ford would start to tank (not "gas" tank obviously)

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
"Ford pushed out Sync 4a too soon; they clearly are rushing things too much"
"Ford is moving too slowly; they should push out software much faster"
?

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
"Ford pushed out Sync 4a too soon; they clearly are rushing things too much"
"Ford is moving too slowly; they should push out software much faster"
?
You can't quite make up your mind there ...as in ac/dc.

Last edited:

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
any thoughts?
Considering the fine job they have done with the MME and new order system roll out, I’m not optimistic.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I get being skeptical about this. Ford said in 2016 with the release of Sync 3 they were going to do OTA updates and it was going to be great. They didn't release A SINGLE OTA update for Sync 3. Not one!

I think Ford HAS to do the OTA updates with the MME and 2021 F150. If they don't they're going to have a lot of customers (like me) switch cars. I want a Taycan, but I'm not that rich...but if they don't fix these bugs OTA and I have to go to a dealer once a month...I'll sell a kidney to buy a Taycan instead.

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
any thoughts?
These aren't just small fixes. Polestar waited few months before their first one if my memory serves me correctly. you want to wait and see what the issues are, how widespread they are and what the fix is before sending out an OTA. For instance I read the recent Polestar OTA helped with charging curve, and especially on EA charger faults. Just takes some time.

PS71

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tesla Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Because they want to pilot this with a small group, that doesn't instill any confidence that they can do this. You would think that this feature has already been tested during R&D, and they feel like they can push it out without bricking their customer's cars. That doesn't appear to be the case.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Because they want to pilot this with a small group, that doesn't instill any confidence that they can do this.
Really? You'd rather they do all of the testing internally and then push to all production vehicles without testing it in the wild first at all? That would be nuts.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Because they want to pilot this with a small group, that doesn't instill any confidence that they can do this. You would think that this feature has already been tested during R&D, and they feel like they can push it out without bricking their customer's cars. That doesn't appear to be the case.
Interesting. Google, Apple, Microsoft don't do this, but Ford should? OK.
Sponsored