Chances of Ford really doing OTA's?

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Model Y LR AWD
Country flag
Yeah, it's a lot of improvements -- another word for bug fixes ?
It's like when government proposes tax hikes calling that tax refund adjustment.
I won't argue with you. Yet I wonder how new functionality can be considered a bug fix.

I'm sure you'll see it differently when Ford adds new software capabilities to your 2021 Mach-E that also comes on the 2022 model. At least, that's my hope.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I'd let all the bugs fly if they would just let me scroll my friggin contacts list while driving on the phone interface. Well maybe my songs list too.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I'd let all the bugs fly if they would just let me scroll my friggin contacts list while driving on the phone interface. Well maybe my songs list too.
ummm..I can. I just go to phone and look at previous called/received phone calls. Songlist is an apple thing and I have figured out that basically you have to turn off apple car play to get the car to work properly.

I also did take someone suggestions about watching the coaching stuff on driving and find it fascinating. In town I can get 98% on speed and roughly high 80s on deceleration. it is acceleration that i seem to be in the high 70's. Overall I can do from 3.0-3.5 in town. My conclusion is that if you want to max out battery usage you need to be at the speed limit. If you increase the speed by say 10 miles over the limit then the battery usage will decrease which seems obvious. Temperature is less an effect then what I thought. Heat/AC is also less of an effect although I have done done it on a 200 miles drive.

I did yesterday talk to an EA technician at length. He told me that they are having software issues with all of the new cars. He was saying that at one specific stating an older Prius had zero issues, but a New VW Golf was a complete disaster. I found the same thing out with my MME. I had to move to multiple stations in the same complex to get it to work. they were cool in that they gave me a complimentary session. Ironically it is the 350W chargers that have the most issues. I have been more successful at the 150. 50 ones are too damn slow. I get better use out of my 220 in my garage with a 60 breaker.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
ummm..I can. I just go to phone and look at previous called/received phone calls. Songlist is an apple thing and I have figured out that basically you have to turn off apple car play to get the car to work properly.
It doesn't scroll past a few names on the built in phone system on sync. most restrictive system I have ever used, including the older sync version from prior Lincolns I've had. better on car play though, but even that is clunky.

OP
OP
milepost1

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Take a look at the driving scores the car is giving you. Are you scoring low?
what is odd about the driving score to me? that when using Adaptive cruise control it gives itself a pretty low score.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
It doesn't scroll past a few names on the built in phone system on sync. most restrictive system I have ever used, including the older sync version from prior Lincolns I've had. better on car play though, but even that is clunky.
every time I look at something it states clearly that car play has to be turned off. As such I gave up on ever using it. For example if you plan a route out on Ford pass you cannot send it to the car if car play is active.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
And another thing you can't scroll was found today. Upcoming incidents in traffic ahead list. They have crippled the system. It's really giving me second thoughts about keeping the car. I wish I could hack it so as to get rid of the "not while driving" messages. All of the important stuff I need and have had no trouble using in my past 10 cars (incl Fords and Lincolns) doesn't work in this all of a sudden, with these paranoid overbearing snyc police controls. argghh... I'm really quite mad about this.

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150, 2018 Tesla Model 3 & 2 Ducati M/C
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
And another thing you can't scroll was found today. Upcoming incidents in traffic ahead list. They have crippled the system. It's really giving me second thoughts about keeping the car. I wish I could hack it so as to get rid of the "not while driving" messages. All of the important stuff I need and have had no trouble using in my past 10 cars (incl Fords and Lincolns) doesn't work in this all of a sudden, with these paranoid overbearing snyc police controls. argghh... I'm really quite mad about this.
I think Ford is probably taking the safe conservative approach over how much touch screen functionality you have when driving. It's understandable considering how vocal some voices were about the dangers of Tesla's touchscreen and how regulators should shut them down.

Never mind this was all fake concern and the accident rate of the cars were the lowest in the industry. I think when the regulators looked into the reports of the touchscreen being dangerous they were scratching their heads at what all the fuss was about when the supossed "danger" was not translating into a higher rate of accidents per mile travelled - the opposite, really.

Maybe in time Ford will add the ability to scroll more lists while driving. In my experience, safety usually has everything to do with the driver and very little to do with the interface. Hell, personal observation shows me that half the drivers on the road are already scrolling through their phone while they drive. Most commonly, this requires them to look down into their lap.:rolleyes:

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150, 2018 Tesla Model 3 & 2 Ducati M/C
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
I am not sure if this the right post for this thread but I have 5100 miles on my FE in 3 weeks. I have yet to charge anything above 240. 211 is the average. Yes I did the reset on day 1. But seriously. Does not matter if I am in town or driving day 78 on the freeway. At 100% I am getting no where near the stated mileage of 270. On the road trip to Houston from SoCal and back I was lucky to get to 150 before having to recharge.

am I the only one with this issue??,
Hmmm...are you sure you're not Rich, of Rich Rebuilds infamy? ?

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Hmmm...are you sure you're not Rich, of Rich Rebuilds infamy? ?
actually there was a man in Florida killed because he was watching a movie on the screen in his Tesla and was not paying attention. I should have posted the article from Ford Authority either yesterday or the day before covering the legal issues Tesla is facing over their milf manner use of safety features and their auto drive. But here you are again MR TESLA THE GREAT.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I talked to the OTA zdepartment of Ford yesterday and they stated there have been ZERO OTA as of now. They are working on them but have not released them.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I talked to the OTA zdepartment of Ford yesterday and they stated there have been ZERO OTA as of now. They are working on them but have not released them.
The folks that have gotten the first OTA update already may beg to differ.

SteveJo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, Job 1 Mach-e/X
Country flag
My OTA came in mid-afternoon on the 25th while I was sitting in the car in full-accessories mode. Have noticed since that PaaK seems to have improved, but still has too many Key Not Detected issues.
Sponsored