Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150, 2018 Tesla Model 3 & 2 Ducati M/C
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
actually there was a man in Florida killed because he was watching a movie on the screen in his Tesla and was not paying attention. I should have posted the article from Ford Authority either yesterday or the day before covering the legal issues Tesla is facing over their milf manner use of safety features and their auto drive. But here you are again MR TESLA THE GREAT.
That's the kind of thing Ford probably want to avoid by disabling scrolling.
Sponsored

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
The folks that have gotten the first OTA update already may beg to differ.
thsnks so much for Ford OTA department being honest with me. How do you know if you got an OTA???

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
My OTA came in mid-afternoon on the 25th while I was sitting in the car in full-accessories mode. Have noticed since that PaaK seems to have improved, but still has too many Key Not Detected issues.
how did you know???

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There will be an alert message in FordPass.
Also I think the System Updates screen in Settings on the Sync4 screen should show it too.

I keep checking mine, but nothing yet. They seem to be rolling the first wave out very selectively at first. Hopefully it'll be hitting thousands of us soon.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Also I think the System Updates screen in Settings on the Sync4 screen should show it too.

I keep checking mine, but nothing yet. They seem to be rolling the first wave out very selectively at first. Hopefully it'll be hitting thousands of us soon.
Exactly which is why I called ford. Got transferred to the OTA department. They said they are working on a big one but that my car based on vin number was up to date. I asked if any had been rolled out and he said not at this time. My comment is that OTA should be like a phone where I go to updates and it searches for any new ones. It would be more helpful.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Exactly which is why I called ford. Got transferred to the OTA department. They said they are working on a big one but that my car based on vin number was up to date. I asked if any had been rolled out and he said not at this time. My comment is that OTA should be like a phone where I go to updates and it searches for any new ones. It would be more helpful.
Ah, so it sounds like maybe this first one is just a patch that some early-manufactured MMEs didn't have but ones manufactured later came with already. In which case, many of us won't get this first one at all (because we already have it from the factory).

I guess that makes sense.

Going into System Updates on the car screen does do the search you describe, then says the car is up to date.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I should have posted the article from Ford Authority either yesterday or the day before covering the legal issues Tesla is facing over their milf manner use of safety features and their auto drive.
Tesla has a MILF mode?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
My comment is that OTA should be like a phone where I go to updates and it searches for any new ones. It would be more helpful.
It does do that. But it won't say there's an update available unless Ford has one available for your VIN. Kinda like when Apple releases an iOS update that only applies to new iPhone models. If you check for updates from an older phone, it will say you're already up to date.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Ah, so it sounds like maybe this first one is just a patch that some early-manufactured MMEs didn't have but ones manufactured later came with already. In which case, many of us won't get this first one at all (because we already have it from the factory).

I guess that makes sense.

Going into System Updates on the car screen does do the search you describe, then says the car is up to date.
I am going to try that. Thanks