Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
I just want updates to fix all the bugs we currently have and to make sure PaaK works every time and sentry mode.

If they just OTA what's broken, I'm basically happy keeping it the way it is forever (as long as they add sentry mode)
Sponsored

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Really? You'd rather they do all of the testing internally and then push to all production vehicles without testing it in the wild first at all? That would be nuts.
I'd rather they open up the beta to anyone who signs the disclaimer. I'd then probably sign up and then moan that the OTA messed up my car, and then moan for some more OTA like a junkie. That seems about right.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I'd rather they open up the beta to anyone who signs the disclaimer. I'd then probably sign up and then moan that the OTA messed up my car, and then moan for some more OTA like a junkie. That seems about right.
Maybe they will. I'll sign up in a heartbeat if given the opportunity.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I've got no doubt that Ford will be pushing OTAs regularly. They've spent too much money on all the modems in these new cars to not use them. Plus they've set the expectations so high with all the OTA marketing.

But even beyond those thoughts - they've already said there are OTAed vehicles on the road, their management lease fleet.

TheStig

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB Mach-E FE, 2023 Porsche GT4
Country flag
I truly feel that Ford kept at least one feature back that, could have been available at launch, just so they could tout that they added a feature with OTA.

Barno

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
100% chance of OTAs. Schedule has been established and features are being planned. Things are happening behind the scenes.
Thanks again. You have made this adventure very enjoyable for a lot of people. I will pay it forward whenever I can. Peace.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Yeah I’ll second that thanks to @hybrid2bev. Very helpful.

I would also like to be included in beta testing the OTAs. I just completed a 10hr road trip with a First Edition and posted a detailed write up on this board - with memes! - and also with a bug list, so don’t I have the cred? Come on Ford - show me some love! Message me. :)

OP
OP
milepost1

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Really? You'd rather they do all of the testing internally and then push to all production vehicles without testing it in the wild first at all? That would be nuts.
Tesla also always sends out a few to Beta test, i get that. You dont want to make everyone mad when you update the software and find PAAK doesnt work. lol in software you never know what the public will do once in there hands or some obscure thing you accidentally broke. You send it to a few for testing, get any little bugs worked out before you send it to everyone. Usually beta testers know there could be bugs, even possibly the car not even functioning. Give feed back, software updated maybe a couple of times. I am just hoping they always have something to the beta testers so there are updates.

ArtyMachy

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 2021 Select AWD
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Everyone touting OTA's from Ford, including Ford. Just wondering if Ford will really do regular OTA's fixing, adding or enhancing features of the mustang. I am so hopeful, but very skeptical that they actually will.
any thoughts?
In my opinion, they will only do OTA to avoid expensive recalls. As for enhancements and improvements, if we get something once a year is top. Ford is traditionally a car company and I don't see them doing updates as often as Tesla. Not in the next 5 years anyway. Mentality has to change, they will realize that it is what will sell the cars in the future and might catch up. All the car companies will have to learn that car selling doesn't end at delivery to the customer.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
I badly want some equivalent of Sentry Mode. So I hope so.
I would love to have the camera record while driving, instead of having to install a dashcam (and worry about the battery draining through the OBD port).

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I truly feel that Ford kept at least one feature back that, could have been available at launch, just so they could tout that they added a feature with OTA.
Oh you mean the video game DLC model ?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I get being skeptical about this. Ford said in 2016 with the release of Sync 3 they were going to do OTA updates and it was going to be great. They didn't release A SINGLE OTA update for Sync 3. Not one!

I think Ford HAS to do the OTA updates with the MME and 2021 F150. If they don't they're going to have a lot of customers (like me) switch cars. I want a Taycan, but I'm not that rich...but if they don't fix these bugs OTA and I have to go to a dealer once a month...I'll sell a kidney to buy a Taycan instead.
There were several OTA updates for the SYNC 3 in my car.....

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
OK but other than those, there were no updates for Sync 3. Not ONE!
I don't understand. SYNC 3 was updated several times. My most recent update was in January I think. The icons changed and some new stuff was added. ????
Sponsored