Blinkin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 FoST
Country flag
I don't understand. SYNC 3 was updated several times. My most recent update was in January I think. The icons changed and some new stuff was added. ????
It was a joke. I was making fun of the OP who incorrectly said there were no Sync 3 OTAs.
Sponsored

opennetus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Oh you mean the video game DLC model ?
Ford is already doing the video game DLC business model. They hold back hands-free driving; something that should have just shipped with the car, and then sell it later as planned, paid DLC.

If there are any useful new features added, be prepared to fork over extra money for them. OTA is simply a venue to sell software and to avoid expensive recalls.

Last edited:

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Ford is already doing the video game DLC business model. They hold back hands-free driving; something that should have just shipped with the car, and then sell it later as planned, paid DLC.

If there are any new features added, be prepared to fork over extra money for them. OTA isn’t a feature, it is a venue to sell software and to avoid expensive recalls.
We know new features are coming that won't be charged for. Doesn't matter if you believe it, or really anyone else believes it. Reality doesn't care about your beliefs.

and lol at "how dare Ford charge $600 for what Tesla charges $10,000 for"

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
See that's interesting I've never had Sync 3 do an OTA update. I've owned 6 Fords with it and never had an OTA update work.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
It was a joke. I was making fun of the OP who incorrectly said there were no Sync 3 OTAs.
Sync 3 updated twice for me, never over the air. Only with much hand wringing and hoop jumping using a USB memory stick. Both times.

PS71

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tesla Model 3 SR+
Country flag
We can all agree there is a massive difference between updating Nav maps or audio software with core vehicle features that could affect safety. Considering how small the MME consumer fleet is, Ford needs to nail this to instil customer confidence.

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
We can all agree there is a massive difference between updating Nav maps or audio software with core vehicle features that could affect safety. Considering how small the MME consumer fleet is, Ford needs to nail this to instil customer confidence.
I really don't mind going to the dealer for critical updates as long as:

1. The dealer knows the update is due and available

2. Get's me in fast

3. Get's me out in 20 minutes

Ken Josing

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Everyone touting OTA's from Ford, including Ford. Just wondering if Ford will really do regular OTA's fixing, adding or enhancing features of the mustang. I am so hopeful, but very skeptical that they actually will.
any thoughts?
As EV's technology moves forward, it's not a question of if? But when! Not all vehicles have this potential, I'm glad the Mach-e does.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Hopefully Ford agrees that in order to really make inroads with prospective and current EV owners - perhaps particularly the Tesla crowd - Ford is going to need to target a technically-minded and sophisticated audience: Nerds. And nerds expect their fancy EVs to update like their phones. That means both bug fixes and new features released OTA.

So I’m pretty confident Ford will push some OTA updates, although I suspect it will only be one or two per year. I also think Ford will charge extra for major enhancements, as they should. It’s a fair business model.

BK2EV

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MachE AWD Premium ER, 2015 Challenger Hellcat
Country flag
2019 Fusion Energi here and can definitely confirm OTA updates of Sync 3.

As a past Lightning and Mustang owner heres hoping that maybe Ford Performance offers some aftermarket tuning via OTA (for a price of course). It would be nice to pickup some more performance.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
100% chance of OTAs. Schedule has been established and features are being planned. Things are happening behind the scenes.
communication in a customer facing Portal, newletter, or 'push' emails to Owners would be nice..... I spent 20 years in Software development and product release and would suggest that the quality of communication regarding what's being worked on, when its available, and rolling it out smoothly and proactively is just as important as what the actual enhancements are.

It is the Golden opportunity for Ford to push polls to Owners and ASK what they want first, to prioritize work and direction... rather than guess
Sponsored