Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Hello All,
I have a reservation for Mach-E and it is scheduled for a year later for production. I want to change the color I chose. The REservations website does not allow me to do so. Any thoughts on how to approach this?
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Hello All,
I have a reservation for Mach-E and it is scheduled for a year later for production. I want to change the color I chose. The REservations website does not allow me to do so. Any thoughts on how to approach this?
Folks were able to change their color choice through their dealers once an order was in place. Is this for a GT?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Hello All,
If it’s only a reservation then it doesn’t matter. It’s just a placeholder. You can change/finalize your spec when you convert to an order.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
If it’s already in production, it’s too late to change. You’re free to change it as many times as you wish before that.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Hello All,
Reread you question again and feel I should clarify. You can change your color as many times as you like, but the dealer has to make the change. Not you personally. When you “place an order” online, you are just authorizing your selected dealer to place an order in your name. You communicate with the dealer through the website, then they communicate with Ford on your behalf. After that initial “order” any changes you want to make, you have to speak with the dealer so they can tell Ford.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Heh, I reserved Grabber Blue, but I'm now vacillating between blue and orange since Grabber Blue doesn't really grab me (why can't we have a sapphire blue?). I am toying with the idea of changing color once the order is submitted.

OP
OP

JayBee

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Reread you question again and feel I should clarify. You can change your color as many times as you like, but the dealer has to make the change. Not you personally. When you “place an order” online, you are just authorizing your selected dealer to place an order in your name. You communicate with the dealer through the website, then they communicate with Ford on your behalf. After that initial “order” any changes you want to make, you have to speak with the dealer so they can tell Ford.
Merc,
You got my question. Thank you for the response.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
When the reservation was going to be converted for an order for me at the end of last June, I was asked to confirm my selection in terms of trim, color, etc. on the Ford website. Somehow the wrong interior color was chosen and the interior protection package (which wasn’t available at time of the original reservation) was showing as an option.

I was able to both correct my interior color selection and also add the interior protection package. All this was done without any dealer involvement through the Ford website so you may be able to do this before your reservation gets firmed up as an order.
Sponsored