OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Extended
Country flag
Verified that my car makes the "new" sound and not whatever the old sound was. But, it varies in frequency based on how close an object is, from single beep within green zone to "we're going to die" alarm in red zone. So it must be part of whatever the latest update was that your dealer applied to the vehicle. Probably part of the PAAK service bulletin software fix?

OP
OP
kmurraydesigns

kmurraydesigns

First Name
Kaylin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Verified that my car makes the "new" sound and not whatever the old sound was. But, it varies in frequency based on how close an object is, from single beep within green zone to "we're going to die" alarm in red zone. So it must be part of whatever the latest update was that your dealer applied to the vehicle. Probably part of the PAAK service bulletin software fix?
Actually I haven’t gotten the update so I think this is somehow related to the thread mentioned above. The sounds are back to normal for me as of this morning

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Extended
Country flag
Actually I haven’t gotten the update so I think this is somehow related to the thread mentioned above. The sounds are back to normal for me as of this morning
Huh. Then ignore what I said. LOL. The car makes whatever sound it wants when it wants and we're all stuck with it.

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Preimum AWD Ext. Battery
Country flag
I had this exact thing happen for a several short trips that were close together (when I didn’t let the car go fully to sleep between them), but then after parking for a couple hours, the “usual” sounds were back, and it’s never done it again.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Do you mean the “8-bit” sounds? (I can’t display your attached file.) if so, this is a known issue that occurs across a number of Fords and Lincolns, not just the Mustang Mach E. It usually clears with a power cycle. Apparently, it’s related to an issue with modules occasionally booting faster than others such that the sound system isn’t booted and ready in time, so the IP falls back to playing simplified chimes though an internal “beeper”.

locks66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Country flag
This post saved me from my headache. I did a factory reset on mine to clear out a start code tied to a pak on a phone I factory reset. 5 minutes in the garage in the off setting and all fixed up

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
This is a common issue with Ford. My 2019 Edge ST constantly switched back and forth between sound system and IPC speaker.

Dealership could never fix the issue.
Sponsored