Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
For those that have changed their original dealership to a new one, how long after calling the Ford Help line did it take to change over. Does it show on your reservation page. I am waiting to order my vehicle but want to make sure the change has gone through first.
Sponsored

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
For those that have changed their original dealership to a new one, how long after calling the Ford Help line did it take to change over. Does it show on your reservation page. I am waiting to order my vehicle but want to make sure the change has gone through first.

I called first thing Monday morning (6/29), still waiting. When it goes through, would expect the page to be updated with the dealership information. Whenever that changes to the new dealership, you should be fine. I would NOT ordered until that changes.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I was told up to 5 days for the change to show up. He said Ford would followup to make sure it happened. I agree with Mamejunkie, I want to see it on my Ford.com reservation before I finalize my order.

ConejoRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CA Route 1 Mach-E, Chevrolet Volt
Country flag
I also made my change on Monday 6/29 and am still waiting for the change. Was also told 5 days. I don't know why it should take so long to just change the Dealer on a reservation.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I was told up to 5 days for the change to show up. He said Ford would followup to make sure it happened. I agree with Mamejunkie, I want to see it on my Ford.com reservation before I finalize my order.
In fact, I think you need to wait. The dealer has to input the information including their required deposit and ADM (hopefully none!). Then it will be opened back to you and will have the correct dealer information.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
In fact, I think you need to wait. The dealer has to input the information including their required deposit and ADM (hopefully none!). Then it will be opened back to you and will have the correct dealer information.
One would think that is done at the dealer level and not per client. If so, those should already be done since the dealerships we are moving to has been accepting orders already.

Lukeh02

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14’ Taurus (21’ Mustang ME)
Country flag
I called and changed mine last Wednesday 6/24. She told me it would take up to 5 business days. Today was the 5th day and haven't had it change online. I have been waiting to order and its not easy.... I could see my order since day one when the opened, but waiting for it to change... If its not updated to new dealer in the morning I'll be calling customer service again.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I called and changed mine last Wednesday 6/24. She told me it would take up to 5 business days. Today was the 5th day and haven't had it change online. I have been waiting to order and its not easy.... I could see my order since day one when the opened, but waiting for it to change... If its not updated to new dealer in the morning I'll be calling customer service again.
I don't have a lot of trust in the system, the first case I opened resulted in nothing, I opened a second one today. I will be checking on it again tomorrow.

opennetus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
One would think that is done at the dealer level and not per client. If so, those should already be done since the dealerships we are moving to has been accepting orders already.
Yeah, you can create an order right now from the mach-e page on the website, select any dealer, and instantly see their price and deposit requirement (and place a new order right then if you want), so the dealerships can’t be making different terms for different customers. It doesn’t make sense to me that dealers are causing that delay.

The only explanation I can think of why it would take up to 5 days is that Ford didn’t build any user interface for changing dealership... for some reason they never considered beforehand that people would want to change dealers. I thought it strange they didn’t allow us to do so on the website, though I figured they didn’t include an easy way because they wanted to make dealerships happy (make it harder for us to comparison shop or be able to as easily pit two or more nearby dealers against each other to compete for our business).

My guess is that customer service creates an IT helpdesk ticket and then it sits in some queue until a software developer manually goes into a database and switches the dealer.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Good point. It could be that the system is set up such that the dealer answers all of that information once and it is applied to all orders.

My guess is that customer service creates an IT helpdesk ticket and then it sits in some queue until a software developer manually goes into a database and switches the dealer.
Sad but probably true if the dealer only enters the information once.

I can't recall hearing of anyone seeing the results of a dealer change yet.

mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR; Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag
I just called Ford helpline again (put in request Monday for dealer change but played dumb that I was unaware it could take 5 days). Lucked out with seemingly fairly knowledgeable rep - she explained the 5 day turnaround is to get "approval" from Ford Motor. Has nothing to do with the dealer (they do not need to approve the reservation - only, eventually, the order) but it is not something Marketing, which runs the helpline, has authority to do. In fact, they aren't really even guaranteeing it will be done in 5 days, just that they will call back in 5 days to see if it has been done or will escalate. So that sounds to me to confirm the theory they really hadn't prepared for this and they just constructed a work-around. They may be having a rush of requests right now to change dealers which i taking longer to process.That's a bit annoying although I suppose really no difference in the end - we still will get orders in well before production starts and our place in line will be held. I saw a post somewhere on another forum thread from someone who had the dealer change made in 1 day. I'm on 3 days - no movement yet.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I just called Ford helpline again (put in request Monday for dealer change but played dumb that I was unaware it could take 5 days). Lucked out with seemingly fairly knowledgeable rep - she explained the 5 day turnaround is to get "approval" from Ford Motor. Has nothing to do with the dealer (they do not need to approve the reservation - only, eventually, the order) but it is not something Marketing, which runs the helpline, has authority to do. In fact, they aren't really even guaranteeing it will be done in 5 days, just that they will call back in 5 days to see if it has been done or will escalate. So that sounds to me to confirm the theory they really hadn't prepared for this and they just constructed a work-around. They may be having a rush of requests right now to change dealers which i taking longer to process.That's a bit annoying although I suppose really no difference in the end - we still will get orders in well before production starts and our place in line will be held. I saw a post somewhere on another forum thread from someone who had the dealer change made in 1 day. I'm on 3 days - no movement yet.
Take a deep breath, release slowly. The first cutoff is 30 days away.

Lukeh02

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14’ Taurus (21’ Mustang ME)
Country flag

I just got off the phone with them as well, and concur with that info.

I put my request in on Wednesday 6/24 and she stated that the request of 5 days started Monday 6/30 and should hear back by this Friday. She mentioned when the change is made, you'll see the dealer switched when you log in to finish with the order.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I just got off the phone with them as well, and concur with that info.

I put my request in on Wednesday 6/24 and she stated that the request of 5 days started Monday 6/30 and should hear back by this Friday. She mentioned when the change is made, you'll see the dealer switched when you log in to finish with the order.
I called again today, it appears that my second request is in work. I was told this time that the ability to change dealers just started on Monday, which is consistent with what others are being told now, but different than what I was told previously.

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
What dealer did you switch to in MD?
Sponsored