Change of Dealership

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Made the request last Thursday for dealership change. Called Marketing today after no update on my reservation and they confirmed the processing started Monday. They agreed I should just continue monitoring the site and that Friday is realistic. Fingers crossed.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
Made the request last Thursday for dealership change. Called Marketing today after no update on my reservation and they confirmed the processing started Monday. They agreed I should just continue monitoring the site and that Friday is realistic. Fingers crossed.
...sigh...

tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Also 6/30 dealer change request resulting from move. Nothing yet. To add to worries that Ford corporate really is clueless this car is supposed to be on dealer allocation. All fine to say you have time to convert a reservation, but if selected dealer has already reached their allocation limit then what? Will they cancel a recent on line order in favor of a reservation conversion ? Obvious by now that Ford never linked the reservation and on line data bases even for the most basic information like address changes of buyers. Glancing through reservations converted to orders in this forum many were the result of hand holding of dealers through the order process by buyers.

mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR; Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag
Same here...switched from Al Packer
To Bob Davidson? Told they have about 10 reservations currently, one of which was already converted to an order. He wasn't sure the mix of trims. I switched from Len Stoler. They weren't charging ADM but they had zero customer service. Bob Davidson has been excellent, thus far.

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
To Bob Davidson? Told they have about 10 reservations currently, one of which was already converted to an order. He wasn't sure the mix of trims. I switched from Len Stoler. They weren't charging ADM but they had zero customer service. Bob Davidson has been excellent, thus far.

Exact same scenario here...other dealers were like robots and zero personal response.

Davidson was very responsive and helpful.

Daniel M

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
I just changed my reservation dealership today from Galpin Ford to Vista. The internet sales people were not super responsive at Galpin. I talked to a different person there today who was very nice can returned a phone call very promptly, but they still would not confirm x-plan acceptance. I switched it to Vista Ford as they were going to accept the x-plan.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I just changed my reservation dealership today from Galpin Ford to Vista. The internet sales people were not super responsive at Galpin. I talked to a different person there today who was very nice can returned a phone call very promptly, but they still would not confirm x-plan acceptance. I switched it to Vista Ford as they were going to accept the x-plan.
How were you able to change your reservation dealer? Can you provide more details on how you accomplished that and how long it took?

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
How were you able to change your reservation dealer? Can you provide more details on how you accomplished that and how long it took?
Call Ford Helpline @ 800-334-4375 (1, 3, 1)
Tell them you are a Mach-E reservation holder and want to change dealer.
Wait (~5 days, no one here has confirmation of change yet.)

(We really need a FAQ)

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Call Ford Helpline @ 800-334-4375 (1, 3, 1)
Tell them you are a Mach-E reservation holder and want to change dealer.
Wait (~5 days, no one here has confirmation of change yet.)

(We really need a FAQ)
I did that - twice now. I would like to know how Daniel M did it. He is the ONLY one I have seen that says that he was able to change it. I am still waiting for somebody to say that they did it the way you state above, with a completed successful result. I've been trying to get this done since March. Every time that I call that number I get a different answer.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I did that - twice now. I would like to know how Daniel M did it. He is the ONLY one I have seen that says that he was able to change it. I am still waiting for somebody to say that they did it the way you state above, with a completed successful result. I've been trying to get this done since March. Every time that I call that number I get a different answer.
Reading his thread, not sure if its just changed via the helpline or its changed & confirmed/ordered.

Sounds more like the rest of us. We changed the dealer.

Daniel M

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
I did what mamejunkie said. I don't have a confirmation yet, as stated above there is a 5 day period where the person on the phone said it may take before they follow up with the request. I haven't ordered the car yet, and will wait until i receive the confirmation of the dealership change.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I did what mamejunkie said. I don't have a confirmation yet, as stated above there is a 5 day period where the person on the phone said it may take before they follow up with the request. I haven't ordered the car yet, and will wait until i receive the confirmation of the dealership change.
Thank you, I got my hopes up too soon I guess :( My supply of patience has run shorter than toilet paper at Costco...

OP
OP
jeffdawgfan

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
Three days now since requested a change in dealer at help line. So much for the "done in a day or so" that I was told by the rep. Just sitting here drumming my fingers until I can convert my reservation. If it is not done in five days I am going to be a little irritated.
Sponsored