Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
So, I ordered the MAch E before last xmas as a xmas gift for my wife. She will finally get two christmases later..lol. Since I ordered the vehicle in my name for the account, will it screw things up when we purchase the vehicle in her name. We each keep our vehicles in our name. She will technically be the one purchasing her vehicle.....but the order is in my name.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
You’ll be fine. The technical owner will be whoever‘s name is on the title. The state doesn’t care who ordered it.

Gino_A

First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt, 2021 MME 2021 Pacifica, 2011 Silverado
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Good question. I am in the same situation. My plan is to put the Mach-E in both our names on the purchase contract. Hopefully, that will satisfy the Ford requirement to not transfer the reservation/order. Later you can remove your name from the ownership title. In my case what her's is her's and what's mine is her's. So removing my name from the title makes no difference.

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
Good question. I am in the same situation. My plan is to put the Mach-E in both our names on the purchase contract. Hopefully, that will satisfy the Ford requirement to not transfer the reservation/order. Later you can remove your name from the ownership title. In my case what her's is her's and what's mine is her's. So removing my name from the title makes no difference.
Better to not put both of your names on the vehicle title. If there is an accident/lawsuit then the driver and owner are often named in suits. This could put a protected joint asset such as your home (usually owned as tenency by the entirety) subject to lawsuit if you both are named. It is sad that we have to think this way, but that is the world we live in.

It would be highly unlikely that Ford would create issues with a spouse of the reservation holder purchasing.
Sponsored