Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I swear I have read about people with this issue but I can't seem to find it via search.

I ordered a Premium RWD Standard Range in October. I want to switch it to a AWD ER. My dealer said they can't do it without cancelling the order and re-ordering. Can anyone provide insight on if this is true, and if not how do I tell them to fix it?
Sponsored

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
I swear I have read about people with this issue but I can't seem to find it via search.

I ordered a Premium RWD Standard Range in October. I want to switch it to a AWD ER. My dealer said they can't do it without cancelling the order and re-ordering. Can anyone provide insight on if this is true, and if not how do I tell them to fix it?
I believe if you do not have build date set, you can change the options. I changed color without any problem (my dealer changed actually). Tell your dealer other people were able to change selected options with their dealers if the build date is not set for your order.

OP
OP
txaggies07

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I believe if you do not have build date set, you can change the options. I changed color without any problem (my dealer changed actually). Tell your dealer other people were able to change selected options with their dealers if the build date is not set for your order.
That is what I told them.

I got back specifically that they were unable to change it in WDBO. They then emailed someone in the reservations group (their words) and were told they would need to cancel and reorder.

Ciero

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4x Premium Edition, Explorer Sport
Country flag
They should not have to re-order. They updated mine after they initially told me they could not update it. The FAQ on the site supports that the order can be changed up until it has been assigned for production. I would contact the Ford's support line and let them know the dealer doesn't know what they're doing. When I called they offered to contact the dealer and their regional rep to walk them through the process, but my dealer made the change before that was necessary.

9. Can I change or update my vehicle after I submit my order?

After ordering your vehicle, you will need to contact the Dealer to update or change your vehicle order.
Once you receive notification that your vehicle has been assigned for production (build/plan), no further changes can be made.

OP
OP
txaggies07

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
They should not have to re-order. They updated mine after they initially told me they could not update it. The FAQ on the site supports that the order can be changed up until it has been assigned for production. I would contact the Ford's support line and let them know the dealer doesn't know what they're doing. When I called they offered to contact the dealer and their regional rep to walk them through the process, but my dealer made the change before that was necessary.

9. Can I change or update my vehicle after I submit my order?

After ordering your vehicle, you will need to contact the Dealer to update or change your vehicle order.
Once you receive notification that your vehicle has been assigned for production (build/plan), no further changes can be made.
I called Ford through the support number. They then contacted the dealer. Then Ford came back on the phone and said they can't change it and will have to cancel the order.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I called Ford through the support number. They then contacted the dealer. Then Ford came back on the phone and said they can't change it and will have to cancel the order.
Was your order scheduled for production yet? I can say that I also had a Premium AWD SR that I changed to ER and a different color through emailing my dealer salesman. He did it the next day and when I logged into the Ford reservation site it was updated.

OP
OP
txaggies07

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Was your order scheduled for production yet? I can say that I also had a Premium AWD SR that I changed to ER and a different color through emailing my dealer salesman. He did it the next day and when I logged into the Ford reservation site it was updated.
No, it isn't scheduled for production yet.

How long ago did you do that?

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag

My original order was in early July and I made the change in mid-September. Here's the response I got via email... "Spoke to operations, changes made!"

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I placed an order in October and was able to change it in November - just emailed my dealer the changes I wanted. There was no problem at all.

johnny5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Black
Country flag
The experience seems to very greatly by dealer. I tried for weeks to get mine changed and I was blown off by the dealer. Then my build date finally arrived and I was stuck.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Do you have a VIN? Once a vehicle has a VIN some options can't be changed. Some of the codes in the VIN indicate if it's RWD vs. AWD and if it is SR vs. ER battery. In other words you'd need a new VIN ... which is basically an order of another car.

I'm wondering if the ability to make changes applies to whether the type of change results in a new VIN being needed.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
I would just cancel the old order and make a new one. It's just 1-2 months, and there likely isn't many orders between October and now (that will delay your delivery). It doesn't feel like the hassle and hoops of changing the order is worth it, especially that you've already got a "no" from Ford support.

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would just cancel the old order and make a new one. It's just 1-2 months, and there likely isn't many orders between October and now (that will delay your delivery). It doesn't feel like the hassle and hoops of changing the order is worth it, especially that you've already got a "no" from Ford support.
And would certainly shop for more professional and responsive dealer if possible.
Sponsored