Changing color on placed order

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
I placed an order for the Mach E back in November. Does anyone know the process to change the color, I can't find anything on the Ford website to do this. Do I have to call the dealer?

Does anyone know the exact process the dealer has to follow? The person I was dealing there seemed quite clueless with the whole process. My status of the ford website just says "order accepted by dealer" it has not been scheduled for production yet, and I would not anticipate it would be for a few months.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Yes, your dealer has to edit the order in Ford's WEBDO system. It's a case of changing a code on the existing order; they will not have to cancel the order if it isn't scheduled yet.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
And if it has been scheduled, are you out if luck? Mine has scheduled for 1/24.

Engijms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD X on order
Country flag
I changed exterior color at dealer. Mine is ordered with Feb built. He went to his office for a few minutes, then came out and said "that was easy."

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
I placed an order for the Mach E back in November. Does anyone know the process to change the color, I can't find anything on the Ford website to do this. Do I have to call the dealer?

Does anyone know the exact process the dealer has to follow? The person I was dealing there seemed quite clueless with the whole process. My status of the ford website just says "order accepted by dealer" it has not been scheduled for production yet, and I would not anticipate it would be for a few months.
What color do you have now, and what color are you considering changing to?

My dealer is also clueless, though I know it can be done and am still deciding. I am in the same boat as you: Nov. order and considering a color change.

OP
OP

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
What color do you have now, and what color are you considering changing to?

My dealer is also clueless, though I know it can be done and am still deciding. I am in the same boat as you: Nov. order and considering a color change.
infinite blue to space white. I wanted a blue car, but I really don’t care for the infinite blue the more I see it.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
infinite blue to space white. I wanted a blue car, but I really don’t care for the infinite blue the more I see it.
Have you seen the IB in person? I saw it when it was in VA a couple of months ago. It's a really attractive car - subjective, I know. It looked sharp to me.

OP
OP

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
Have you seen the IB in person? I saw it when it was in VA a couple of months ago. It's a really attractive car - subjective, I know. It looked sharp to me.
No. Doing this all off of internet pictures/videos. No dealer within 100 miles has a blue one on order to look at so for now I am changing it...also no other Ford vehicles have this color. I saw a space white f150 and it looked like a really nice color.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
No. Doing this all off of internet pictures/videos. No dealer within 100 miles has a blue one on order to look at so for now I am changing it...also no other Ford vehicles have this color. I saw a space white f150 and it looked like a really nice color.
I guess you'll have to go with your gut on this, but as you read through the forum, you'll see plenty of folks that saw the IB in person that really liked it. My wife even liked it, and she's hard to please when it comes to car colors.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The new Explorer comes in IB.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
The 2021 Ford Explorer/Lincoln Aviator is available in infinite blue. They're also in short supply, but it might be worth checking the Ford and Lincoln dealers to see if they have one in stock at some point

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m in the same boat. I haven’t seen any of the cars/colors in person. As such, i’ve changed the color that I want at least 6 times!

luckily, there’s a Mach-Tour at dealerships in Vegas next week. I’m taking a couple days off work to go and check them out (Jan 5-6). The trip from California isn’t far so i’m pretty excited to finally get to see the car in person and to check out whatever colors they have on hand.

I’m currently torn between Rapid Red and Carbonized Grey.... but my wife’s favorites are IB and Star White. I’m hoping to see at least two of these in person so I can relax with my decision.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I’m currently torn between Rapid Red and Carbonized Grey.... but my wife’s favorites are IB and Star White. I’m hoping to see at least two of these in person so I can relax with my decision.
You may be able to see all of these on other Ford and Lincoln models:

Rapid Red: Mustang
Carbonized Gray: F-150
Infinite Blue: Explorer
Star White: Escape

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You may be able to see all of these on other Ford and Lincoln models:

Rapid Red: Mustang
Carbonized Gray: F-150
Infinite Blue: Explorer
Star White: Escape
This is a good list. My dealer was supposed to give me a list like this but hadn’t gotten back to me yet. I’ll be sure to check these out when I visit the dealership in Vegas next week.
Sponsored