Changing Wheels on my Premium...what tires???

Dear1nc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Country flag
The best ultra high performance tires are the Michelin Pilot sport A/S 4. It's not really close.
Sponsored

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag

Dear1nc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Country flag
Assume you meant UHP All-Season tires ?. They do have competition now with the Goodyear Exhilarate AS and Pirelli P Zero AS+. The Goodyear actually rated higher, especially in the wet. Same with the Pirelli. Tire Rack has them both ahead in many metrics.

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=266&tab=ResultCharts
yeah i did mean all season. Exhilarate are almost not all season though. they are dreadful if not almost not usable in snow. Pirelli does make a good tire. I would put them second. Look up reviews on the Pliot a/s 4 in the snow. It's like magic and doesn't really make sense how it can be so good in the dry and also the best in the snow..by a lot. Also pilot a/s 4 is the best breaking on dry and wet.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
yeah i did mean all season. Exhilarate are almost not all season though. they are dreadful if not almost not usable in snow. Pirelli does make a good tire. I would put them second. Look up reviews on the Pliot a/s 4 in the snow. It's like magic and doesn't really make sense how it can be so good in the dry and also the best in the snow..by a lot. Also pilot a/s 4 is the best breaking on dry and wet.
Do Not buy the Goodyears, I have seen the testing on them, and just about anything else is better. Yes, they did well on consumer reports but in the real world, the Michelins are much better. I have had the Vredestein Quatrac Pro's and put the Hypertrac's on in a 245/50/19 they work well. Also, Tire Rack just did an SUV Grand touring test you should check out the winner

here is the link

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=272

HOFMACHFE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt 2017, Mustang Mach E FE Grabber Blue
Country flag
I did lots of research and decided to keep my Michelin Primacy tires and OE premium wheels for summer use and buy a set of 18“ black painted allow wheels for winter. I spent $2000 CDN for Pirelli winter sottozero 3 and wheels. Special deal as my brother in-law works for a distributor. The total weight on the 18" is lower and price is about 15% less then buying 19” and with bad winter roads having more rubber protection is much safer and provides better grip on snow and ice as the tire has slightly more flex.

20” wheels and lower profile with such a heavy car is taking costly risk if you hit a pothole. Costly new wheel and tire and needing to replace all 4 tires to ensure matching set. Is it worth it when you live in a part of the country with such bad roads! Eh!

Range is important to me on long trips so changing the OE wheels and tires will not be a priority for me. I will replace the OE all season tires with summer performance tires designed for the heavier Mach E maybe in a few years.

Personally, the all season tires are better then I expected and with my MME FE with and, there is plenty of grip. How fast do I really need to go around a corner? It's a heavy car and more suited to a sport touring type car and not a sports ccar needing wide tires.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I too will do 18" wheels and winters, I got a set of Konig Hypergram and a set af 225/60/18 Vredestein Wintrac pro, the combo is 45lbs per wheel or 13.5lbs per wheel less than my factory 19" wheels. I also considered the TSW Bathhurst, wheel weight makes a big differance

One of the roads that I drive on is syped and the factory Michelins do not have a solid center rib and they follow the ruts in the road too much for my liking. the car squirms left to right and in a little unnerving replace the factory tires and its gone, the car drives solid.

fightinag

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
retired flight nurse
Country flag