Amazonkers

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E Select, previous 13 Chevy Volt
Country flag
So I set it to charge weekdays from 7p-11a and plugged in around 6:30p.

It seemed to start changing at like 7:37p instead of right at 7p. Is that normal? How did it pick that time to start?

I only got the vehicle last week and this is only my 2nd delayed start. I think the other time it started right at 7p.

Screenshot_20221017-204130.png
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
It seemed to start changing at like 7:37p instead of right at 7p. Is that normal? How did it pick that time to start?
What is your basis for believing it did not start on time? Mine starts within a minute or two after the set time.

OP
OP
Amazonkers

Amazonkers

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E Select, previous 13 Chevy Volt
Country flag
What is your basis for believ
What is your basis for believing it did not start on time? Mine starts within a minute or two after the set time.
I could physically see it wasn't charging. The app showed as not charging yet and said would be complete at 9:37p. This was at say 7:20p. I'll capture the screen next time.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
What is your basis for believ

I could physically see it wasn't charging. The app showed as not charging yet and said would be complete at 9:37p. This was at say 7:20p. I'll capture the screen next time.
FYI the app doesn’t always update status right away, so it’s not a reliable indicator of whether or not the car is actually charging. You have to look at the charge port or EVSE to see for sure. I bet the car started charging at 7:00 and the app just didn’t update until 7:37.

My car charged for 7 hours yesterday and the app never showed it was charging until I got a notification it was done. FordPass app still has bugs related to updating status.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The app has two different places where it shows charging status and percent, the home screen and the vehicle screen. They may disagree at times due to lack of updating.

Right now both of my screens show "updated 11 hours ago".

For accurate information, LOCK the car using the app, and then it should update status.
Sponsored