Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
[
Mine still works but you shouldn’t have to set up a fan to blow on it! Even when the amber light comes on it just feels warm to the touch.
I think it’s funny that the owners manual says if you’re charging in a hot environment to change to a cooler area. What am I supposed to do in August in FL?!

Hey OP I got my 2022 MME from Brandon Ford a little over a month ago. I haven’t had to take it in, but I’d guess that they’re probably EV certified.
They are. I asked them about a loaner just in case they have my car for multiple days. They said because I didn’t buy from Brandon Ford they won’t provide a loaner. I bought the extended warranty specifically for this reason. Brandon Ford said that didn’t matter. I guess being the biggest F150 dealer means they don’t care since they aren’t making any money off my MME service.
Just frustrated right now!
Sponsored

Last edited:

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Flex. 2022 MME premium RWD ER o 1/26/22
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Funny I read something in the owners manual about if it’s too hot outside

I think it’s funny that the owners manual says if you’re charging in a hot environment to change to a cooler area. What am I supposed to do in August in FL?!

They are. I asked them about a loaner just in case they have my car for multiple days. They said because I didn’t buy from Brandon Ford they won’t provide a loaner. I bought the extended warranty specifically for this reason. Brandon Ford said that didn’t matter. I guess being the biggest F150 dealer means they don’t care since they aren’t making any money off my MME service.
Fl heat is a killer! That’s coming from a North Carolinian.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Funny I read something in the owners manual about if it’s too hot outside

Sounds like it’s your mobile charger, I’d get it switched out or get a different brand, doubt there’s something up with the car

OP
OP
FLmac

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
Sounds like it’s your mobile charger, I’d get it switched out or get a different brand, doubt there’s something up with the car
That’s what I’m hoping. There’s a guy at work who has a Fusion plug in hybrid. I might borrow his charger on Friday. See if I have the same issue. I also need to check the lights on the box. I forgot to look yesterday.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
That’s what I’m hoping. There’s a guy at work who has a Fusion plug in hybrid. I might borrow his charger on Friday. See if I have the same issue. I also need to check the lights on the box. I forgot to look yesterday.
You could probably also find a free Greenlots charger on PlugShare and see if that works OK

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
The amber light started to cycle on and off on my FMC when my Garage Temperature got up to 85 degrees. The car still charged but slower than normal. I had an appointment with Weikert Ford in Lake Wales but then it started working again so I cancelled. With Summer coming up fast I decided to go ahead and buy a new Charger for my Garage. Keeping the FMC in the car for backup. I got 9 months of regular use out of it before it got flaky!

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
The amber light started to cycle on and off on my FMC when my Garage Temperature got up to 85 degrees. The car still charged but slower than normal. I had an appointment with Weikert Ford in Lake Wales but then it started working again so I cancelled. With Summer coming up fast I decided to go ahead and buy a new Charger for my Garage. Keeping the FMC in the car for backup. I got 9 months of regular use out of it before it got flaky!
That makes me nervous. Summers here in NC are blazing.

OP
OP
FLmac

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
I tested the charger at home today and it was charging like it always does. I went out and looked at the box. I had the blue light pulsing and the amber light would light up every 30 seconds and stay on for 20 seconds then repeat again. Reading other posts it seems it’s always charged slow and I’ll sometimes get a notice about charging conflicts or that it won’t be done in time.

I’m feeling better about this issue and will see if a local dealer will replace my charger. I’m hoping it’s just a defective charger. My concern is if the FMC charger can handle charging outside during the day in the FL summer. I guess it’s time to research other chargers that maybe handle the hot weather better.

Last edited:

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
I tested the charger at home today and it was charging like it always does. I went out and looked at the box. I had the blue light pulsing and the amber light would light up every 30 seconds and stay on for 29 seconds then repeat again. Reading other posts it seems it’s always charged slow and I’ll sometimes get a notice about charging conflicts or that it won’t be done in time.

I’m feeling better about this issue and will see if a local dealer will replace my charger. I’m hoping it’s just a defective charger. My concern is if the FMC charger can handle charging outside during the day in the FL summer. I guess it’s time to research other chargers that maybe handle the hot weather better.
That’s troubling. It gets hot in the summer! I’d hate to melt a charger. I plan to only use the one provided for a while.

OP
OP
FLmac

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
That’s troubling. It gets hot in the summer! I’d hate to melt a charger. I plan to only use the one provided for a while.
My problem is I only charge at work. I need to use a mobile charger in this situation. A couple guys who drive teslas have done this for a couple years and haven’t had any issues… In Florida, in the summer, during the day. I don’t know anything about science, but if Tesla can design a mobile charger to work in those conditions you would think Ford could design one to work for more than 2 months in 60-80 degree weather.

I usually charge 2-3 times a week. Maybe I would be better charging 5 days a week. I don’t know if this has any impact on the charger.

kkriskal

First Name
KK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
My mobile charger did the exact same thing when I got the car. I had to constantly unplug the the charger from the wall outlet and plug in back in, and this was not even in summer. Then I got an electrician to come in and install a fresh line, breaker for 240V, not a single problem after that. In my case it was something to do with the electric line that I was originally using. Once we discovered that, I replaced the old 110 V line also to a new cable and then zero problems with that as well. I am not saying that is your problem but just wanted you to know my experience so you can eliminate that as a possibility

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
My problem is I only charge at work. I need to use a mobile charger in this situation. A couple guys who drive teslas have done this for a couple years and haven’t had any issues… In Florida, in the summer, during the day. I don’t know anything about science, but if Tesla can design a mobile charger to work in those conditions you would think Ford could design one to work for more than 2 months in 60-80 degree weather.

I usually charge 2-3 times a week. Maybe I would be better charging 5 days a week. I don’t know if this has any impact on the charger.
I suppose you could buy a Tesla charger with an adapter, but of course you should NOT have to do that! From my experience with the FMC, it should probably just be left in the car for occasional Road Trip usage!!

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag

I'm still under the opinion that your FMC is defective and hopefully you can get a dealer to replace it. The specs state that it will operate up at temperatures up to 50C, so you shouldn't be having this issue.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag

Unless they installed commercial outlets, they're not rated for daily use like that. Daily plugging/unplugging will wear out the outlet contacts and cause overheating of the plug eventually. The outlets should be replaced every so often (every couple years?) with heavy daily use. Unplug it right after its been charging and feel the plug prongs, they shouldn't be hot. You may still have a defective charger but I wanted to mention that.

Deleted member 9461

I tested the charger at home today and it was charging like it always does. I went out and looked at the box. I had the blue light pulsing and the amber light would light up every 30 seconds and stay on for 20 seconds then repeat again. Reading other posts it seems it’s always charged slow and I’ll sometimes get a notice about charging conflicts or that it won’t be done in time.

I just made a post about using/replacing the Ford charging cord. Might be something to consider. I use a K.H.O.N.S cord, it take a beating, if left out in the heat, or kicked around, or careless campers spraying water all over it.
Sponsored