Janice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E X Premium
Occupation
Customer service for United airlines
Country flag
Why if I have my Charge level at 90% my car automatically charges to 100%? I have it set on preferred charge times and at 90% but it surpasses it....I have to manually watch it so it doesnt go past 90%. I was told by random people that it should only be charged to 90% not 100% unless on long trips. I drive 75 miles one way to work....is that considered a long trip? thx you
Sponsored

kf_man

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Fusion Sport
Country flag
Make sure that the charge settings for your location are set to "Use preferred charge settings" and not "Charge when plugged in." When I first set things up I failed to toggle the setting and couldn't figure out why my settings weren't working.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charge level set at 90% but my car automatically charges to 100% 1622135837027

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Make sure that the charge settings for your location are set to "Use preferred charge settings" and not "Charge when plugged in." When I first set things up I failed to toggle the setting and couldn't figure out why my settings weren't working.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charge level set at 90% but my car automatically charges to 100% 1622135837027
THIS