Ranny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just got a new Charge Point charger. Went through all the set up which seemed to go fine. Plugged into the Mach-E and I don't get any charging. My car is not on a schedule charge and is down to 40%. Any idea why it doesn't charge?
Sponsored

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I just got a new Charge Point charger. Went through all the set up which seemed to go fine. Plugged into the Mach-E and I don't get any charging. My car is not on a schedule charge and is down to 40%. Any idea why it doesn't charge?
What does the ChargePoint app say?

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
While your Mach-E might not be on a schedule, check to see if your ChargePoint is on a schedule that you may have accidentally setup on your charger itself, or one potentially setup by your Utility company if you entered those details.

babyplex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE, 2022 Tesla Model Y Performance
Country flag
Check both the Ford app as well as in your car for charging schedules. Sometimes, updating one may not reflect on the other.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
It says redy to charge.
If it says "ready to charge" and the light on the CPH50 is blue then the CPH50 is in communication with the car. The car isn't requesting a charge. So it's probably, as others mentioned, the cars schedule.

If it the CPH50 was not in communication with the car it would say "not plugged in" below the picture of the CPH50 (thanks to @generaltso) and the light on the CPH50 would be solid green.

To double check the scheduling of the CPH50 you could plug in, unplug and plug in again within a few seconds, this will bypass the CPH50 charge schedule. You can also verify the CPH50 isn't on schedule by opening up the app, clicking on the hamburger menu (top left), clicking on home charger and if it is on schedule it will have a green oval encased message above the image of the CPH50 saying "Scheduled for XXXX AM/PM". Also, when unplugged it will blink green instead of solid green.

Verify that the car is scheduled to charge anytime at your home location on the screen in the MME and don't rely solely on the app to ensure those settings are correct.

Within FordPass is there a banner at the bottom in blue that indicates the charge status? You might need to pull down to refresh (which can take 5 minutes)?

Last edited:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
If it says "ready to charge" then the CPH50 is in communication with the car. The car isn't requesting a charge. So it's probably, as others mentioned, the cars schedule.

If it the CPH50 was not in communication with the car it would say "not plugged in".
Depends where he’s looking. The app says “Ready to charge” at the top and “Not plugged in” below it.

OP
OP

Ranny

First Name
Ranny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If it says "ready to charge" and the light on the CPH50 is blue then the CPH50 is in communication with the car. The car isn't requesting a charge. So it's probably, as others mentioned, the cars schedule.

If it the CPH50 was not in communication with the car it would say "not plugged in" below the picture of the CPH50 (thanks to @generaltso) and the light on the CPH50 would be solid green.

To double check the scheduling of the CPH50 you could plug in, unplug and plug in again within a few seconds, this will bypass the CPH50 charge schedule. You can also verify the CPH50 isn't on schedule by opening up the app, clicking on the hamburger menu (top left), clicking on home charger and if it is on schedule it will have a green oval encased message above the image of the CPH50 saying "Scheduled for XXXX AM/PM". Also, when unplugged it will blink green instead of solid green.

Verify that the car is scheduled to charge anytime at your home location on the screen in the MME and don't rely solely on the app to ensure those settings are correct.

This is what is happening. Solid green. They are not communicating.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
That is what I see.
You might have a defective unit. I would power cycle it at the breaker and see if that revolves it. Try the charger that comes with the car and start a process of elimination.

Once you know what works and what doesn't you can then contact the appropriate company.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
You might have a defective unit. I would power cycle it at the breaker and see if that revolves it. Try the charger that comes with the car and start a process of elimination.

Once you know what works and what doesn't you can then contact the appropriate company.
Or do a chargepoint reboot….

8A99AD3E-1EA6-4615-A2AE-72B5275496A2.jpeg

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
It says redy to charge.
I found the best way to trouble shoot EVSE issues is to try another EV and/or another EVSE.
Do you have a 14-50 outlet available?

OP
OP

Ranny

First Name
Ranny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I found the best way to trouble shoot EVSE issues is to try another EV and/or another EVSE.
Do you have a 14-50 outlet available?
That is the only 14-50 outlet I have.

OP
OP

Ranny

First Name
Ranny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Thanks, but the charger that came with the car is back at Ford awaiting replacement. That's why I got the Chargepoint.
The charger has been cycled and comes up green each time.
Question does the internet play a role in this? My connectivity screen sees my network but says : disconnected. I've tried to connect several times.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Thanks, but the charger that came with the car is back at Ford awaiting replacement. That's why I got the Chargepoint.
The charger has been cycled and comes up green each time.
Question does the internet play a role in this? My connectivity screen sees my network but says : disconnected. I've tried to connect several times.
Why is the EVSE that came with the car being replaced? Did that not work with your car either? Have you successfully charged via L2 anywhere?
Sponsored