Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Dozens of the buggers! We’ve had some heavy rain and today after it dried up I’ve noticed quite a few ants congregating in my charge port. I’ve been plugged in and charging. Some of them worked their way into other nooks and crannies under the hood and in between panels. Not an infestation, yet… Probably going to get an ant repellent spray and give it a good blast, but just a cursory check to see if anyone else experienced similar and if so what they did?
Sponsored

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
well that's just weird. Wonder what attracted them to it. What kind of radiation are you feeding your ants over there in the UK?

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Dozens of the buggers! We’ve had some heavy rain and today after it dried up I’ve noticed quite a few ants congregating in my charge port. I’ve been plugged in and charging. Some of them worked their way into other nooks and crannies under the hood and in between panels. Not an infestation, yet… Probably going to get an ant repellent spray and give it a good blast, but just a cursory check to see if anyone else experienced similar and if so what they did?
Watch out for rodents. My son clerked for the federal judge on this case.

https://casetext.com/case/heber-v-toyota-motor-sales-usa-inc

dgipson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
One of my passengers had to dust off 2 ants while sitting in the passenger seat. I figured they got them on them "outside"... but now i'm wondering if they are nesting/exploring INSIDE the car. We have a lot of ants in the neighborhood but never in our 15yrs of parking in the same spot have had any get into the car. Perhaps MME is a different breed and attracts ants?

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
I've noticed little bugs hide behind the charge port door. I think when it rains the water drives them there.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
well that's just weird. Wonder what attracted them to it. What kind of radiation are you feeding your ants over there in the UK?
It must be the unleaded electrons they’re after.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Every year around this time or earlier, we see lots of ants wandering around where they are not normally found. After a while they seem to all be gone. I think they are hunting for a new home. I found a cluster hiding under a trash can - on asphalt not dirt. A quick leaf blower blast got rid of those.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
I just had an ant crawl out from somewhere and saunter across my dashboard while I was on the motorway.
Sponsored