David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150, 2013 Santa Fe, 1968 Mustang, 2015 HD
Occupation
Jet engine quality inspector
Country flag
@AEtherScythe , I downloaded your STL from Thingiverse and printed in TPU a few weeks ago, and it fits perfect and does the job. Thanks so much for designing and making it available!
Sponsored

Drock2k1

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select
Country flag
I broke my first one of these because I installed it backwards. I had to cut it to get it back out. Ordered a second one and installed with minimal issue and it works as advertised. The door doesn't swing as easily as before but this is how it should be.

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
UPDATE 4 June 2021:
If you'd like to get the highest quality possible part with the black vapor finish, you can now just go here and place an order with JawsTec.
$20 plus $10 shipping on quantity one.

https://www.jawstec.com/product/wedge-mme-chargeport-door/

Original Post:

I've posted two versions of the part, one without support so you can send off to a service to have it printed in TPU 85A (or similar) using Selective Laser Sintering technology or if you have a direct drive printer you can try using your slicer's built-in support with that version (V.1.N).
The second version of the part is the one I print on my Lulzbot Taz Pro with in-built support, meaning I do not let my slicer generate support. I had to keep tweaking the inbuilt support version (V.1A.S) to increase the gap between the angled support at the top. A gap of 0.5mm between the in-built support and the actual part wasn't enough, but 0.75mm seems to be a happy medium re: it does work as support and it isn't too difficult to remove. All I had to do was use some side cutters to get a grip on the angled bit and tear it free.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4847310

Video showing installation + usage:
I too want to thank you so very much for making this model available. I printed mine in black "cheetah" TPU from Matter Hackers and it came out perfectly and it is almost impossible to notice.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charge Port Cover Dent Prevention – 3D Printed DIY Solution TPU printed door stop for MME

Lawdog

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e performance GT
I'm totally clueless when it comes to 3D printing. Are you saying you couldn't make the piece using the same filament as the pony statues?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Charge Port Cover Dent Prevention – 3D Printed DIY Solution TPU printed door stop for MME
Wish we all received a mustang for what ever we bought , and love the e port dent saver

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I received and installed my insert yesterday. Very, very nice job!

I needed to very slightly trim the edges of the top insert flange just a bit so the top flange insert would go in to clear the hinge entryway... but that was a very minor adjustment.

NOTE: if it hasn't yet been covered in the 22 pages of posts, a VERY HELPFUL way to add this part is to take the outer door off the hinge as a first step.

It's very easy - on the center of the back of the outer flappy door, there is a tongue detent (in the center of the black backing). Lift the detent's front end slightly with a small flat end screwdriver etc. and wiggle/pull the door outer shell straight back toward the back of the car, and it slides right off its small holding rails. That'll give your fingers much more free space to play while inserting the added part onto the inside of the curved hinge arm.

Afterward, the outer door shell just pops back right into place on its black hinge rails until the backside tongue detent locks it in place again.

Hope this is helpful info.

ooklathemach

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I received this beauty the other day. An important thing to know is if you have the outer cover snapped off but the inner plastic is unharmed you can just slide the cover back on to the plastic inner portion and the port looks fine. I can't say the same for the "charge port door dent" though.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charge Port Cover Dent Prevention – 3D Printed DIY Solution port door dent

priext

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium AWD Ext Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I was getting ready to print one of these today but came across a comment on Thingiverse saying that this part wont work anymore. Can anyone else confirm with recently delivered vehicles?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Charge Port Cover Dent Prevention – 3D Printed DIY Solution 1662904527282

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
I was getting ready to print one of these today but came across a comment on Thingiverse saying that this part wont work anymore. Can anyone else confirm with recently delivered vehicles?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Charge Port Cover Dent Prevention – 3D Printed DIY Solution 1662904527282
They are tricky to install, so perhaps someone thought that, however, send some pictures of the hinge open and maybe we can tell if anything changed. Personally I doubt that is the case for any 2022 vehicles, but stranger things have happened.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
If indeed there is no longer a hollow in the door arm, the wings can be cut off and the travel limiter can be glued to the arm. 🤷‍♂️🐩

priext

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium AWD Ext Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I wont have my car for at least another month so won't be able to compare any pictures. I'll probably print one anyways since it isn't much material.

OP
OP
AEtherScythe

AEtherScythe

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E, Ford Escape Hybrid
Occupation
Sr. IT/Product Architect; Enterprise and Cloud Manageability Engineering
Country flag
I've order an upgrade from our 2021 MME FE to 2023 MME GT PE, and I'll let you know in December or January whether the charge port door has in fact been modified from the original. Happy develop an updated part if it has been altered (if any newer design even warrants the effort).

Xadion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD SR - Plat Graphite
Country flag
Mine has the little door arm holes its a 22 but it also does not seem to open as far? I only have charged once lol.

I am going to print one w the rubber resin, don't want to fiddle w the rubbery filiment.

hopingforaponyin2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE GT on order
Country flag
Just installed this on 2023 GT, so confirming that this still works for 2023MY.

Ordered from jawstek in Black, not much issues with installing without removing the charge port door. Video really helps.

hats off to whomever came up with this and set up the jawstek ordering. Quite remarkable
Sponsored