Charge preferred time doesn't work at home

bluemouseios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
I am trying to set charge time preference when charge at home, however, it doesn't work. It starts to charge immediately when plugged in.

Here is my configs in FordPass app:
- Selected "Use preferred charge setttings" (double checked I didn't select "Charge when plugged in")
- Set my own time "12 am - 3 pm", basically the setting from my utility

What else should I set? Current my home charger is Level 1 (level 2 is two months away) and using the one with the car.

The other minor thing is the inaccurate home address, the app logged my nextdoor neighour's house number, but I guess it doesn't matter as long as the charger is correct (I named it other than "home" and confirmed the app recognize it correctly).
Sponsored

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I assume the answer is the level 1 charger? Mine starts charging immediately if it thinks it can’t reach my target charge level in the preferred window, even on level 2 (rare, but happens sometimes since my level 2 is usually throttled back to 20A).

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I assume the answer is the level 1 charger? Mine starts charging immediately if it thinks it can’t reach my target charge level in the preferred window, even on level 2 (rare, but happens sometimes since my level 2 is usually throttled back to 20A).
Level isn't relevant, the issue is what you said "it thinks it can't reach my target charge level in the preferred window".

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
I am trying to set charge time preference when charge at home, however, it doesn't work. It starts to charge immediately when plugged in.

Here is my configs in FordPass app:
- Selected "Use preferred charge setttings" (double checked I didn't select "Charge when plugged in")
- Set my own time "12 am - 3 pm", basically the setting from my utility

What else should I set? Current my home charger is Level 1 (level 2 is two months away) and using the one with the car.

The other minor thing is the inaccurate home address, the app logged my nextdoor neighour's house number, but I guess it doesn't matter as long as the charger is correct (I named it other than "home" and confirmed the app recognize it correctly).
This happens if the car thinks it cannot reach the desired charge level in the amount of time set for charging window that you specified.

Additionally i have noticed on my car If I have more than one departure time set, say in the AM when i go to drop off the kids at school, and then i return home amd plugin. But I also have a second departure time in the PM where I would be going to pickup the kids at school. My observation is that the car tries to charge immediately upon returning home (despite being outside my defined charge window of 7pm - 7am), the logic as I see it seems to think it NEEDS to charge as soon as possible to ensure you reach my desired 90% charge for the second departure time.

To me this logic is flawed, and their should be some sort of toggle to change this behavior asking the user of they want to ensure target charge is reached for each departure, rather than just assuming so and charging outside the users defined charge window.

From the users perspective the priority is "charge time allowed" based on time of use billing charges from utility, or say not allowing others to use your publicly accessible charger when not home etc.. while the departure time and preconditioning is more of a "comfort and convenience" that should not take priority over defined allowed charge times.

In order to fix my issue I had to delete the second departure time in the PM To ensure the vehicle did not charge during the day outside of my defined over night charge window.
Sponsored