Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
For the past few months I've been getting the error "Charge Station Fault - Please See Manual" every time I disconnect from a DC charger. It happens regardless of how I disconnect... either by ending the charge on the charging station interface, or by first pressing the button on the Mach-E charge port. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong or is this just another software bug?

My Mach-E charges just fine when I DC charge, but it is annoying having the error pop up on the instrument panel and my phone after each charge.
Sponsored

djjerv91

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD ER Infinite Blue
Country flag
For the past few months I've been getting the error "Charge Station Fault - Please See Manual" every time I disconnect from a DC charger. It happens regardless of how I disconnect... either by ending the charge on the charging station interface, or by first pressing the button on the Mach-E charge port. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong or is this just another software bug?

My Mach-E charges just fine when I DC charge, but it is annoying having the error pop up on the instrument panel and my phone after each charge.
This happened recently when I have been DC charging as well. Would also like to know what the cause is.

Last edited:

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Just completed a trip to MD. 2 charges there and 3 on the way home. Had 1 EA station give me a fault twice and then worked fine.

No fault messages on the screen in the car tho

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Have you folks had the OBCC module update done yet (TSB 21-2190)? The early software was buggy (built before May 4). It's the module that communicates with the DC charger FYI.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

without getting into how I know this, this is a known issue that Ford is aware of and is going to be fixed, perhaps in the 1.7.1 update. others in other threads on this have suggested using the button to tell the car first that you're unplugging will fix it (instead of stopping on the charger side), but that hasn't been true necessarily for me.

there's a bunch of posts on this though - search for "charge station fault" with quotes. for example, https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...n-fault-error-at-ea-chargers.8235/post-218694

djjerv91

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD ER Infinite Blue
Country flag
Have you folks had the OBCC module update done yet (TSB 21-2190)? The early software was buggy (built before May 4). It's the module that communicates with the DC charger FYI.
Mine was built in June and took possession of it in August so I don't think that would apply to mine but who knows.

OP
OP
DanCoon

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
Mine was built in December and never gave me this fault until the past two months. However... I don't receall having that update applied.

OP
OP
DanCoon

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
without getting into how I know this, this is a known issue that Ford is aware of and is going to be fixed, perhaps in the 1.7.1 update. others in other threads on this have suggested using the button to tell the car first that you're unplugging will fix it (instead of stopping on the charger side), but that hasn't been true necessarily for me.

there's a bunch of posts on this though - search for "charge station fault" with quotes. for example, https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...n-fault-error-at-ea-chargers.8235/post-218694
Thanks for the info. It's not a huge issue, just an annoyance at the moment. I will wait for the update and take it in before my warantee is up if it hasn't been fixed by then.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium ER Mach E, '21 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I realize this is an old thread, but my wife just sent me this pic from this morning. This is the only thread with title mentioning the exact string "Charge station fault see manual".

We're on 4th month of ownership, and 2nd month of L2 charging (Grizzl-e) with zero issues. Sometimes we use the button before pulling the L2, sometimes we don't (I know I don't when I know it isn't pulling 40A at the time). I'm wondering if the new SW update (3.5.4x) is now sensitive and wants the button even for L1/L2 and not just L3. We're going to try using the button every time regardless and see if it every shows up again.

Otherwise, she said everything seems fine. Charging stopped at 90% as intended, she drove to work. Anyone seen this recently, and not on a DC fast charger?

-5830188151170489808.jpg

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I realize this is an old thread, but my wife just sent me this pic from this morning. This is the only thread with title mentioning the exact string "Charge station fault see manual".

We're on 4th month of ownership, and 2nd month of L2 charging (Grizzl-e) with zero issues. Sometimes we use the button before pulling the L2, sometimes we don't (I know I don't when I know it isn't pulling 40A at the time). I'm wondering if the new SW update (3.5.4x) is now sensitive and wants the button even for L1/L2 and not just L3. We're going to try using the button every time regardless and see if it every shows up again.

Otherwise, she said everything seems fine. Charging stopped at 90% as intended, she drove to work. Anyone seen this recently, and not on a DC fast charger?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charge Station Fault Please See Manual -5830188151170489808
This normally happens when the charge is interrupted by the DC charger or EVSE instead of the car. I have 3.5.4 and haven’t noticed any change. Depressing the thumb release on the EVSE cable handle should stop charging (if in process) without throwing this error. You shouldn’t need to press the button on the car when disengaging L2.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium ER Mach E, '21 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
This normally happens when the charge is interrupted by the DC charger or EVSE instead of the car. I have 3.5.4 and haven’t noticed any change. Depressing the thumb release on the EVSE cable handle should stop charging (if in process) without throwing this error. You shouldn’t need to press the button on the car when disengaging L2.
That was 100% my understanding as well. I asked her if the Grizz LED was red as she walked by but she didn't know as that is the furthest thing on her mind in the mornings. I am out of town and cannot debug it unfortunately.

Pmullin7

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
I've had this with my Grizzl-e too. No red on the charge port.

It didn't do it the first year I owned the car and the charger. It started to happen rarely, then more frequently. Now almost every time I use the charger. I've used other chargers, including the Ford mobile unit, a friend's Grizzl-e and DCFCs, none do this. Just this particular Grizzl-e. They won't replace it.

I've been going back and forth with Grizzl-e support for the last six weeks. They just keep asking for more info, pictures, video, more pictures. Now they claim it's related to a car setting, but don't say what setting.

I'm going to throw their EVSE in the garbage where it belongs and install a hardwired Tesla universal to replace it.

Very displeased with their complete lack of customer service.
Sponsored