Charge Up New Jersey FY23 (State EV Incentive)

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
Looks like we're about to find out more about the details of the next round of Charge Up New Jersey funding.

https://nj.gov/bpu/pdf/publicnotice/Notice_RequestforComments_FY23_ChargeUp.pdf

Why they post a request for comments before actually having the documents available to comment on beats me...

The Charge Up website has been teasing an EV Charger incentive on this page for a while now: https://chargeup.njcleanenergy.com/ev-charger-incentive So I assume that will be part of this year's program. And I'm guessing the incentive for purchasing/leasing will be reduced in order to ensure the program lasts longer than just 2.5 months.
Sponsored

OP
OP

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So the documents are now posted. I didn't dive into the details but seems like they are planning $4,000 for EVs under $45,000, $2,000 for EVs between $45,000 and $55,000, and $250 for an EV charger. Already ordered vehicles won't be eligible, it appears you have to begin the purchase process after the program becomes active (presumably early July). I still have no regrets I got the Mach-E when I did (ordered January, received May) but I sure wouldn't have complained about an an additional $2,000 discount.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
So the documents are now posted. I didn't dive into the details but seems like they are planning $4,000 for EVs under $45,000, $2,000 for EVs between $45,000 and $55,000, and $250 for an EV charger. Already ordered vehicles won't be eligible, it appears you have to begin the purchase process after the program becomes active (presumably early July). I still have no regrets I got the Mach-E when I did (ordered January, received May) but I sure wouldn't have complained about an an additional $2,000 discount.
Thanks for posting. Anything about support for chargers?

OP
OP

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for posting. Anything about support for chargers?
Here is the full compliance filing: https://njcleanenergy.com/files/file/1/FY23 Charge Up New Jersey Filing clean.pdf

If it's like last year I think the state will provide a powerpoint presentation summary for the public meeting, and of course when the budget is finalized there will be additional details. But I think this is the only official information so far.

As for the charger incentive, they will provide up to $250 as a post-purchase incentive towards the purchase or installation of a charger. That's in addition to whatever you might be able to get from your utility (e.g. PSEG) for installation costs. So it's not particularly generous but it's something. Like the PSE&G program, only certain smart chargers (yet to be identified) are eligible.
Sponsored