Charged next to a camouflaged BMW I5 tonight.....

Thunderanger

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select, 2019 Ram 1500
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It was driven by an incredibly nice BMW rep. It had about 1800 miles on it. Incredible car. WOW! All the badging was covered etc. I asked him about price points. He said the one he was driving would be approximately $103K as equipped and would start at $80K. It had a 100kw battery. Seemed about twice the size of my MME. Very cool looking ride though. If it hadn't been so damn cold and blowing like a banshee, I'd have asked him to give me the nickel tour.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Thunderanger

Thunderanger

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
But you’re The Thunder Ranger!?
If I was LighteningRanger, I could have flashed and lit things up for you. :) I'm ThunderRanger because Ranger is my nickname and I live on Lake Thunderhead.

Jbkimmel

First Name
Judson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Have to ask - Was this encounter close to home, or somewhere else? Your part of Missouri is really nice but not exactly where I’d expect BMW to test new vehicles… ?

OP
OP
Thunderanger

Thunderanger

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
how ugly was the grille?
It was VERY large. Most definitely the most dominate thing on the front of the grill. I didn't think it was necessarily UGLY, but that's in the eye of the beholder.

OP
OP
Thunderanger

Thunderanger

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Have to ask - Was this encounter close to home, or somewhere else? Your part of Missouri is really nice but not exactly where I’d expect BMW to test new vehicles… ?
Well FIRST of all......beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as I mentioned earlier regarding the grill. Our area is rugged and very hilly. But the economy in the region is in the pooper......still. But that's another story. We were traveling back from KC on the way home and the BMW rep was returning home from a trip to Des Moines and beyond. His car had 1800 miles on it. So no, he wasn't hawking beemers in Bethany, MO. He was just charging, like me. I think I probably have the only fully electric car in my county of 5000.

Deleted member 3569

It was driven by an incredibly nice BMW rep. It had about 1800 miles on it. Incredible car. WOW! All the badging was covered etc. I asked him about price points. He said the one he was driving would be approximately $103K as equipped and would start at $80K. It had a 100kw battery. Seemed about twice the size of my MME. Very cool looking ride though. If it hadn't been so damn cold and blowing like a banshee, I'd have asked him to give me the nickel tour.
I was charging next to this team of BMW test drivers driving cross country driving from CA to their headquarters in Franklin Lakes NJ charging at a FPL dcFast chargers in Fort Meyers last summer.

IMG_2844.jpg

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
I was charging next to this team of BMW test drivers driving cross country driving from CA to their headquarters in Franklin Lakes NJ charging at a FPL dcFast chargers in Fort Meyers last summer.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charged next to a camouflaged BMW I5 tonight..... IMG_2844
Oh GAWD, that thing is hideous! :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Thunderanger

Thunderanger

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charged next to a camouflaged BMW I5 tonight..... IMG_2844
The grill was VERY similar, if not maybe more elongated.

kikibop

First Name
kiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach-E E4x Space White / '15 Prius
Occupation
Product Design
Country flag
What is a BMW i5? Never heard of it.