Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-Ex
Occupation
retired
Country flag
At Loch Lomond I did my first Charge in Scotland using a ChargePlace Scotland (CPS) Charger.
Now I am near Skye I have had the red ring of death at 4 CPS chargers. Broadford, 2*Kyleakin and Skye Toll bridge. Fortunately I can charge at the holiday home and hopefully get to Loch Lomond on the way back!
CPS say they have not had reports of MMEs having problems but they know some of their older chargers don't work with some cars (!!!!!) Possibly no MMEs in Scotland?
Are there any MME owners in Scotland that have had this problem with CPS Chargers?
Sponsored

Last edited:

al14

First Name
Alisdair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e RWD extended range
Occupation
Taiji Instructor
Country flag
At Loch Lomond I did my first Charge in Scotland using a ChargePlace Scotland (CPS) Charger.
Now I am near Skye I have had the red ring of death at 4 CPS chargers. Broadford, 2*Kyleakin and Skye Toll bridge. Fortunately I can charge at the holiday home and hopefully get to Loch Lomond on the way back!
CPS say they have not had reports of MMEs having problems but they know some of their older chargers don't work with some cars (!!!!!) Possibly no MMEs in Scotland?
Are there any MME owners in Scotland that have had this problem with CPS Chargers?
I have had it but on a charger that I successfully used before and have again since. In general I have had no problem with chargers - except when they are not working!

Baz.W.

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E SR RWD
Occupation
Production Manager
Country flag
I tried two chargers at the low carbon hub on the outskirts of Stirling, I had the red ring with both of them. I moved to the second charger when I saw a EGolf owner disconnect his car after a successful charge, but I couldn’t get the Mach-E to connect and charge, I ended up using an Osprey charger that was literally across the road, it worked perfectly.

OP
OP

Rex

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-Ex
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I tried two chargers at the low carbon hub on the outskirts of Stirling, I had the red ring with both of them. I moved to the second charger when I saw a EGolf owner disconnect his car after a successful charge, but I couldn’t get the Mach-E to connect and charge, I ended up using an Osprey charger that was literally across the road, it worked perfectly.
I have written to CPS telling them of my problem. At Lomondgate I charged twice without problems, other than it was incredibly busy. This was before and after the four duff ones in a row. Sheilbridge Sheil Shop and Services shows a Mach-E charging at a CPS charger in Zap Map. I've had the MME checked and the dealer says it is OK and the logs show that it was definitely Charger Faults.

tighboidheach

First Name
Tigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD standard range
Country flag
Hi All, we live on Loch Long between Arrochar and Garelochhead and have had our 68kwh MME for a coupla months/2000 miles. All good so far. We’ve found most ChargePlace Scotland units working and if they’ve not been a phone call usually sorts it out in a few minutes. We’re on Holiday on Skye just now and the 175 mile journey up from home was fine. Only issue was the charger in Broadford is not compatible wi the car - it’s a first generation unit apparently and they’re aware that the MME and the older chargers are not a match. Support guy said they’re working on a fix. The charger down the road on the Sleat peninsula at An Crubh is new and fast though so it’s all fine.

cheers

tB

OP
OP

Rex

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-Ex
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Hi All, we live on Loch Long between Arrochar and Garelochhead and have had our 68kwh MME for a coupla months/2000 miles. All good so far. We’ve found most ChargePlace Scotland units working and if they’ve not been a phone call usually sorts it out in a few minutes. We’re on Holiday on Skye just now and the 175 mile journey up from home was fine. Only issue was the charger in Broadford is not compatible wi the car - it’s a first generation unit apparently and they’re aware that the MME and the older chargers are not a match. Support guy said they’re working on a fix. The charger down the road on the Sleat peninsula at An Crubh is new and fast though so it’s all fine.

cheers

tB
Sleat peninsula at An Crubh doesn't appear on Zap Map at the moment.
Did you try Kyleakin and Skye Toll Bridge as those and Broadford did not work on my MME.
I assume you are safely back home now. :)
Sponsored