David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Toyota Siena, BMW I3, MachE GT
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Just got my Mache GT last week and I am having trouble with charging. I set the Ford App to charge at home from 12-7 am and to 90 percent. I also set the ChargePoint App to charge from the same time. For some reason, the last couple of evenings the charger started at 4 am and cut off at 7 and I did not get up to the full charge amount. Not sure why the charger is not starting at midnight but instead at 4am. What am I doing wrong?
Sponsored

JGuske23

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD extended range
Occupation
Market manager
Country flag
I would remove the charge point charging restrictions, let your Mach E handle everything. Seems people run into problems with both set

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I disagree.

It doesn’t happen often but when my car doesn’t charge on time it’s because the car didn’t wake up on time. My ChargePoint will show that it’s on/charging but the car is asleep. If I wake the car by pressing the charge port unlock button or by locking the car and getting the puddle lights to turn on, then the car will start charging.

I have the schedule set on the car and ChargePoint. And I’m glad I do, it’s saved me a few times when the car tried to charge off schedule (higher electric rates time).

JGuske23

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD extended range
Occupation
Market manager
Country flag
I disagree.

It doesn’t happen often but when my car doesn’t charge on time it’s because the car didn’t wake up on time. My ChargePoint will show that it’s on/charging but the car is asleep. If I wake the car by pressing the charge port unlock button or by locking the car and getting the puddle lights to turn on, then the car will start charging.

I have the schedule set on the car and ChargePoint. And I’m glad I do, it’s saved me a few times when the car tried to charge off schedule (higher electric rates time).
That's certainly not normal and you should have your car checked out if that's the case.

I've got 32,000 miles in almost 11 months now so I'm charging everyday and have never had my car not charged up ready to go in the morning to what I set it at through the car

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Did it work correctly at first? Also I believe there was a FordPass update just a few days ago which may have glitched things up for you.

TD1273

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-350
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just got my Mache GT last week and I am having trouble with charging. I set the Ford App to charge at home from 12-7 am and to 90 percent. I also set the ChargePoint App to charge from the same time. For some reason, the last couple of evenings the charger started at 4 am and cut off at 7 and I did not get up to the full charge amount. Not sure why the charger is not starting at midnight but instead at 4am. What am I doing wrong?
I have the charge point charger and I only set the Ford App and it charges just fine so maybe setting both apps they conflict some how

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I have the same car and charger. In order for it to work set the following as shown.

Do not let the car manage anything other than the percentage. This works flawlessly.

If you need to charge in the middle of the day or outside of the schedule the car will always accept the charge this way. Do a quick double plug in and it'll charge at that time.

Ford Mustang Mach-E ChargePoint Question Screenshot_20220608-161156

Ford Mustang Mach-E ChargePoint Question Screenshot_20220608-161224

OP
OP
DF33

DF33

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Did it work correctly at first? Also I believe there was a FordPass update just a few days ago which may have glitched things up for you.
Just got the car Friday so no prior experience.

OP
OP
DF33

DF33

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I have the same car and charger. In order for it to work set the following as shown.

Do not let the car manage anything other than the percentage. This works flawlessly.

If you need to charge in the middle of the day or outside of the schedule the car will always accept the charge this way. Do a quick double plug in and it'll charge at that time.

Screenshot_20220608-161156.png

Screenshot_20220608-161224.png

thanks will give this a try tonight and report back.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
thanks will give this a try tonight and report back.
If you have any questions feel free to send me a DM or @ me so I get an email notification.

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
I agree with others to let the car manage the charging, not the chargepoint.

Another reason to do this: Pre-conditioning... if you're plugged in but outside of your charging window and have your car set to precondition, it'll pull some juice to not waste battery... but if your chargepoint is restricted, then it will just pre-warm/cool the car and not actually pre-condition.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
That's certainly not normal and you should have your car checked out if that's the case.

I've got 32,000 miles in almost 11 months now so I'm charging everyday and have never had my car not charged up ready to go in the morning to what I set it at through the car
I agrer it isnt normal but the OP probably shouldn't waste their time getting it checked out. A fault like that is very random...I have 41,000 miles on my car and have been dealing with this issue since day one. It is sporatic though.....once every 3-5 weeks or so. I think the car doesnt wake up some evenings to charge. If I check it during the night (via FordPass) and notice it isnt charging then I can wake it up by remote starting or unlock/lock the doors. Those are the two remaining functions in FordPass that I can use.

OP
OP
DF33

DF33

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
First thanks to everyone for the quick responses. I tried what @DevSecOps recommended and it worked fine. Started on time and ended when the car got to 90 percent. Just for grins, I will try the opposite, and next time I charge and set the Ford App to control and set the Charepoint to anytime. Again thanks everyone

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I use my JuiceBox 48's settings to prevent charging during peak hours. I do not trust FordPass or the car to never violate that rule, because of history - it will do so. Both are set to the same off-peak hours.

If I want to set a departure time that is in peak hours, I want to make the decision to use peak rate electricity, and override both the JuiceBox if I so choose to do so.

In addition, I participate in an incentive program between Ford and my utility company. I get $50 at the start, and $50 3 months later, if I let them do two things occasionally. First, in periods of tight supply, they want to prevent charging for up to 2 hours. They go into the car's settings (Ford does) and stops the charging. Second, in periods of excess capacity, they want to force charging of the car. Again, Ford does this, not the utility company.

While I can override either (i.e. continue charging when they don't want me to, or not charge when they do want me to) as part of the program, I simply don't let the vehicle charge during peak hours, no matter what the car wants to do.
Sponsored