Charger Fault Error

tlpillow2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACH E
Country flag
Over the past week , I have gotten an error message while over night charging. “Charger Fault’ Has anyone else encountered this.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charger Fault Error B6DD3622-CA4C-46DC-81FF-98C8F50AABBA
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Sure.

Unplug, and plug it back in. If you get it more than once, then it's worth investigating. If it's a charger that worked fine for a while, and now doesn't, and it repeats, then you try the car elsewhere to prove it's the charger, or the car.

OP
OP

tlpillow2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACH E
Country flag
Sure.

Unplug, and plug it back in. If you get it more than once, then it's worth investigating. If it's a charger that worked fine for a while, and now doesn't, and it repeats, then you try the car elsewhere to prove it's the charger, or the car.
i have had the car for 3 weeks. The error did not start appearing until 2 of the past 4 nights. So I guess I will call the ford dealership and see what they say.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
i have had the car for 3 weeks. The error did not start appearing until 2 of the past 4 nights. So I guess I will call the ford dealership and see what they say.
Maybe try another public charger first to rule out the issue isn't with your charger.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Probably wasting your time, as they have little experience with a specific charger. You could try a Concierge, like the app told you.

What you need to do is narrow things down. Was it too nights in a row? Was there something different about those charging nights? Have you tried a different charger? Have you tried resetting the charger by turning the breaker off, then back on? Does it fault at a specific percent of charge, or a specific time? Are there any other messages? What charger? If the one that came with the car, are you using 120 or 240? If 120, are you popping the GFCI?

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Prem XAWD, 14 f150 3.5 Ecoboost, 22 Edge ST 2.7
Country flag
We are having the same issue now for the past several weeks. Charge fault keeps happening in the middle of the night. Only every 2-3 days lately now. Sometimes we get 4-5 days without a problem, doesn't have issues at public level 2 chargers.....

OP
OP

tlpillow2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACH E
Country flag
We are having the same issue now for the past several weeks. Charge fault keeps happening in the middle of the night. Only every 2-3 days lately now. Sometimes we get 4-5 days without a problem, doesn't have issues at public level 2 chargers.....
Identical to my issues. I have now had 3 days without error. I have to unplug charger from wall then plug back in after the error to get it to start working. I have not had time to contact concierge. Let me know if you find something out and I will do the same.

thanks

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
I had this happening for a while then it stopped. Never impacted the final charge on the car.
Dealer saw a bunch of warnings like Ethernet communication failures and such but they all self resolved.
In my case, think it’s just the car being too sensitive in alerts it generates

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The last thing you want to try, is the dealer. If the charger is hard wired, turn breaker off. If not, unplug and replug in the plug. Give it at least 5 minutes.

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Identical to my issues. I have now had 3 days without error. I have to unplug charger from wall then plug back in after the error to get it to start working. I have not had time to contact concierge. Let me know if you find something out and I will do the same.

thanks
I have done the unplug/shut off breaker etc. with no luck. My partner uses 50-60% of charge each day to and from. Having to pay for charging at his work to get home is getting old, and costly. I am fortunate enough to work at a dealer, so I am 'borrowing' a charger from a in stock unit (first leftover we have had ever) to try and narrow down the issue. Will report back in a few days, fingers crossed!

billyp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mache Gt
Country flag
Same thing since I got mine in early September. Took it into the dealer last Tuesday and they reprogrammed a bunch of stuff -- don't have a comprehensive list.

That seemed to solve the problem until last night where it faulted again.

There were a couple codes listed that I'll have to look up when I get home. Codes indicated it might be a problem with the charge cable. I don't think it's the cable since I traded my friend who has a first edition and I still charge faulted and he was able to charge with my cord.

I am seeing an amber light on the charge box even though it's pretty cold here -- high 40s.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's going to be interesting how Ford supports their charger, as compared to ChargePoint, Enel X, and others.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Perhaps you folks are having power dips that are interrupting charging. In that case you might need to buy an EVSE that has automatic restart capability. Do you ever notice the lights in your house flicker?

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was fortunate enough to have another mobile charger available to me from a new MME that was delivered last week to our dealership waiting to be sold. So I took it home for some trial and error and used it for 4 days with ZERO charge faults and faster charging.

So on Friday my service manager had the chore of finding the part as there is a new part number for the mobile charger now. Ordered under warranty and now awaiting part to come in.

Had to bring back the charger yesterday since they sold the MME I borrowed it from. Last night into this morning it charge faulted 3x's and almost an hour or two after each plug in.

Get the charger to your dealer and have them order you a new one, if you are only using the one provided like we are.
Sponsored