gordonf238

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD, Ext. range
Country flag
I guess I'm starting to experience some initial EV bugs.

Started getting messages this morning through my FordPass app regarding my Connected Charge Station. "Something went wrong and your charge station can't charge your vehicle".

I've turned the breaker on and off a few times, and unplugged the charge cord from the car too. Issue persists. I will have the wife drive the car today to see if that remedies the problem.

It's one of the coldest days here in NYC (8F) this morning, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

The car charged just fine overnight (to 90%).

My electrician says he can check the wiring, amp draw and voltage, but beyond that he's not familiar with the Ford Charge Station.

Is the Charge Station part of the vehicle warranty, or a separate issue? Just curious to see whom I would call to service it.

This is just days after I've noticed the Mach-E with its perimeter lights on in the morning. Not sure if related, but FordPass app told me the car is getting ready for a drive, yet I have never setup departure times, nor activated remote start. Yet the perimeter lights on the car were on for a good half hour.

The car and the charge station are literally 1 month old (although I purchased the charge station from eBay, as it was out of stock at every dealership. It was new, in a sealed box)

Any tips would be greatly appreciated guys!

For now, I've changed the charge settings from 48A max draw to 42A. The charger is connected to a 60-amp breaker. The line runs about 100 feet from the main panel.
Sponsored

Last edited:

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Throw it in the trash and get a ChargePoint Home Flex.

OP
OP

gordonf238

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD, Ext. range
Country flag
Throw it in the trash and get a ChargePoint Home Flex.
Thank you. But this is a $1000 charger plus labor. My solution to problems isn’t to just waste money.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Another example of why buying a product that dealers have no ability to support, and a call center can't support, is a bad idea. If I owned it, I'd be all over the support line. No resolution would result in a call to the dealer to return it, because it has a warranty.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I would go through a setup to see if that fixes it.
Power off for 30 seconds.
Power on.
Go through the same setup steps in the app like you did when installing.
Sponsored