joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
I'm visiting the Texas forum from Atlanta, but for a specific reason. I'd like to encourage you guys to contact Buc-ee's and ask them to add DC Fast Charging infrastructure at their locations. They are expanding and one of the new ones in Alabama is on the route of a trip I take often. I'm hoping if we can get more and more EV owners to tell them they need EV charging they'll start rolling it out across their locations

So, if it suits you, head over to their website or twitter or whatever. It seems nuts they haven't done this on their own already, as they are really setup to encourage people to hang around for a little while already
Sponsored

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
I was wondering the same thing the other day, apparently it's "coming" since 2019.

As per this article:
It has ethanol-free fuel available at some of its locations, and Nadalo said the company is working to install the infrastructure to accommodate electric-car charging stations.

“We’re evaluating different transportation modes and what the fuels of the future will be and making sure [we’ll] be ready for them when they come,” he said.

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Man I want Bucees to add DC fast charging. They are located at great stopping points plus when I get do stop at them I am there for 30-60 mins any how.
30 mins to go to the bathroom, get something to drink, candy and food. Pushing it to 60 would not be that bad as my wife and I would often times on those drive stop, get food and eat it before we got back on the road and that amount of time would let us all get a lot power shoved into our cars.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
It seems like an obvious way to increase time inside the store, and with a store like Buc-ee's there's plenty to do so EV drivers will prefer them over the back corner of a Walmart parking lot 3 miles off the highway anyway, win-win! I'd love to see them at Buc-ee's for when I road trip down to Texas.

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Looks like they are adding dc fast chargers for 13 Bucees in Texas. They received grant funds from the Texas VW settlement. The ones listed as Retail EV charging are Bucees. https://www.tceq.texas.gov/downloads/air-quality/terp/txvemp/txvemp-dcfch-projects-awarded.pdf
Both the Bucees between my house and my country land are on that list. I can make it without stopping, but sometimes have to drive and immediately turn around to come back. Would be great to have the chargers for those times. Also, have to get my coffee and breakfast tacos.

kevC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD Preimum Carbon Gray
Country flag
Awesome. I hope they make a lot of them, would suck to plan a trip depending on it only to realize there are 10 people ahead of me in 3 stations or something.

Boselka

First Name
Jason & Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vibedigital.marketing
Vehicles
'16 CMaxEnergi|'17 FocusElectric|'21 Mustang MachE
Occupation
Website Design, Development, and Digital Marketing
Country flag
I have been trying to ask Bucees to add DC fast chargers for over a year. Through different channels. Their contact request on their website is a joke. They pretty much don’t want to be contacted online lol.

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
They added a Tesla supercharger station in the Bastrop one. Bummer, I was hoping for not Tesla chargers.

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
They added a Tesla supercharger station in the Bastrop one. Bummer, I was hoping for not Tesla chargers.
New Braunfels got Tesla chargers last year. Drove past over new years weekend and the Tesla stalls had customers not full though. We would have stopped 100% if the had DCFC that supports our car.

OP
OP

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
New Braunfels got Tesla chargers last year. Drove past over new years weekend and the Tesla stalls had customers not full though. We would have stopped 100% if the had DCFC that supports our car.
Very recently the Buc-ee's in Leeds, AL got four Electrify America stalls. A few months before that, Tesla Superchargers

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Very recently the Buc-ee's in Leeds, AL got four Electrify America stalls. A few months before that, Tesla Superchargers
Then we have some hope for more EV charging options.
Not like they don’t have the space at the newer locations.

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
That provides a bit of hope then that at least EA is on their radar and can coexist there with the Tesla SCs.

OP
OP

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
For additional context, the EA stations at the Alabama location were at least partially paid for with a grant from the State of Alabama. And, I would assume the Tesla Superchargers were partially or mostly paid for by Tesla

So, getting more stalls at more Buc-ee's locations may depend on grant funding, at least for now. Of course eventually there will probably be a hundred EV stalls at every Buc-ee's just like there's hundreds of gas pumps
Sponsored