Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4x premium carbonized gray
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I just arrived home and was trying to overnight a charge on a 110 line, without success. It was plugged but it is telling me I have not personalized my charge settings,d and to select Charge Scheduling? Which I have tried without success. Anyone else had an issue with the initial charging at home
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I just arrived home and was trying to overnight a charge on a 110 line, without success. It was plugged but it is telling me I have not personalized my charge settings,d and to select Charge Scheduling? Which I have tried without success. Anyone else had an issue with the initial charging at home
Photos would help.

Are you using the included mobile charger? What color is the light on the charger? Solid or flashing?

A common problem is not fully seating the connector into the mobile charger box (the other end of this connector goes to your wall outlet).

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I would add that until you successfully charge, at least a little, you can’t set custom charge settings. But @macchiaz-o is right. Most of us just didn’t put it together well enough for fear of breaking the charger.

OP
OP
Rickv

Rickv

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Photos would help.

Are you using the included mobile charger? What color is the light on the charger? Solid or flashing?

A common problem is not fully seating the connector into the mobile charger box (the other end of this connector goes to your wall outlet).
Yes, I am using the included charger, the light blinks blue then a solid red/ green(I’m color blind). I have firmly inserted the connector a few times. I had a video call from Ford, and that guy could not figure out what the problem was, but indicated it had something to do with establishing the first charges at my home location, which I have tried to do w/o success

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Have you successfully charged at a local L2 charger (like at your dealer)? That’s the next thing to test.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Yes, I am using the included charger, the light blinks blue then a solid red/ green(I’m color blind). I have firmly inserted the connector a few times. I had a video call from Ford, and that guy could not figure out what the problem was, but indicated it had something to do with establishing the first charges at my home location, which I have tried to do w/o success
Its colors are amber, blue, and red. So I think you are seeing the solid red?

Scroll down this page for troubleshooting the color/flashing indicators:

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...&userMarket=USA&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False

There may be something wrong with your outlet wiring or the mobile charger itself.

The connector requires very firm insertion in order to be fully seated. Double check that it is flush with the body of the mobile charger, like this one. If it is fully flush, then you may need to head back to a dealer for replacement or further troubleshooting.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging at home 16218205826266713969477683740595

bruceski88

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...&userMarket=USA&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False

There may be something wrong with your outlet wiring or the mobile charger itself.

The connector requires very firm insertion in order to be fully seated. Double check that it is flush with the body of the mobile charger, like this one. If it is fully flush, then you may need to head back to a dealer for replacement or further troubleshooting.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging at home 16218205826266713969477683740595
Push it in very hard until you hear a click

OP
OP
Rickv

Rickv

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag

16218205826266713969477683740595.jpg
I’ll go back and Check all your suggestions. .0;
I want to thank everyone for their input. The problem was that I was not engaging the plug in to the charger hard enough. Once I did that and followed the process, it worked.....

377E98D2-2B75-4B09-9A6E-03F7D5AC6947.jpeg

BE93B4F6-A1A6-466A-83DF-578CDDA3D8AA.jpeg

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I’ll go back and Check all your suggestions. .0;

I want to thank everyone for their input. The problem was that I was not engaging the plug in to the charger hard enough. Once I did that and followed the process, it worked.....

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging at home BE93B4F6-A1A6-466A-83DF-578CDDA3D8AA

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging at home BE93B4F6-A1A6-466A-83DF-578CDDA3D8AA
Awesome! And hey, that's a nice looking car.

The charger includes a bracket and some screws so that you can attach the bracket to your wall and relieve the weight stress off your outlet.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Awesome! And hey, that's a nice looking car.

The charger includes a bracket and some screws so that you can attach the bracket to your wall and relieve the weight stress off your outlet.
Highly recommended that the cord not dangle from the cheap plastic 120V socket.

Barryb54

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach e | 2020 BMW X3 | 1968 Corvette
Occupation
Software sales & consulting
Country flag
This did it! Wasn’t fully seated into the charger as this string pointed out. A thousand thanks. Had my Mach e just a few days & waiting on charger installed. Thx!!!
Sponsored