Charging at Tesla Superchargers (Netherlands - Pilot)

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
The day has come that some Tesla drivers dreaded would happen... In the Netherlands Tesla has opened a pilot program to allow non-Tesla's to use the Superchargers. Although many here might despise Tesla, this would be a welcome change and open up many more charging possibilities for us.

https://www.electrive.com/2021/11/01/tesla-opens-charging-for-third-parties-in-the-netherlands/

Official Tesla Statement:

In English: https://www.tesla.com/support/non-tesla-supercharging
Thanks to @silverelan

In Dutch: https://www.tesla.com/nl_NL/support/non-tesla-supercharging
Thanks to @Marcel
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
C'mon Marcel! If you're gonna link something in Dutch you have to first teach me Dutch! So when do our lessons begin?
Ok right now....ok gelijk nu
2d lesson, go to Google translate...2e les ga naar Google translate

Pfffff getting tired already?

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Not only do many here NOT despise Tesla, but think opening up their charging network is a great idea for all EV owners.
There's a reason I said many, as in not all, or some ... If you look at the Tesla based websites the comments are blatantly obvious that some, or many of them are not happy about this.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging at Tesla Superchargers (Netherlands - Pilot) 1635779081307

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I was considering the MY but determined the MME is a much better choice for me. I am also a Musk fan, craziness and all. And he is crazy.

This is really good news. The sooner it comes here, the better.

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
CSS cable is probably a bit on the short side...hope to test it soon?

Non-Tesla's Supercharger Pilot Nov 1, 2021

Today we are starting our pilot at 10 locations in the Netherlands to open up Superchargers for electric cars from brands other than Tesla. Access to an extensive, easily accessible and reliable network of fast chargers is essential for accelerating the transition to electric driving on a large scale. That is why, since 2012, after the commissioning of our first Superchargers, we have focused on a rapid expansion of the network. There are currently more than 25,000 Superchargers worldwide. With this pilot we offer Dutch drivers of Non-Tesla's the possibility to use our Superchargers at 10 locations via the Tesla app (version 4.2.3 or higher). Tesla owners can continue to use these charging stations in the same way they are used to. We will closely monitor the flow at the locations and listen to the experiences of our customers. Our ambition has always been to open the Supercharger network to Non-Tesla electric cars in order to encourage more drivers to make the switch to electric driving. This fits in seamlessly with our mission to accelerate the global transition to sustainable energy. The more customers use the Supercharger network, the faster we can expand the network. Our goal is to quickly gain experience and make any necessary adjustments. In addition, we will continue to rapidly expand our network so that hopefully in the future we can welcome both Tesla owners and Non-Tesla drivers to our Superchargers around the world.

kgautam28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eco boost 2016, 2021 Mach e FE, 2022 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Software
Country flag
There's a reason I said many, as in not all, or some ... If you look at the Tesla based websites the comments are blatantly obvious that some, or many of them are not happy about this.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging at Tesla Superchargers (Netherlands - Pilot) 2E9002F5-B2C1-44DC-A6C9-C902B69DC07F
Or, charge higher for 3p cars over Tesla's, charger Tesla's faster,etc, etc, that'll drive future sales too,

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
This could be really amazing if rolled out throughout Europe! I would even pay a good premium to use them.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
This could be really amazing if rolled out throughout Europe! I would even pay a good premium to use them.
Honestly, Tesla could charge something like €0.69/kWh and people would happily pay it for the speed and reliability of their plentiful chargers. It's such an occasional use case for the vast majority of owners that it's worth the premium (for now).

That being said, CCS stations are everywhere in NL.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging at Tesla Superchargers (Netherlands - Pilot) Screenshot_20211101-084755
Sponsored