Charging at Tesla Superchargers (Netherlands - Pilot)

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Honestly, Tesla could charge something like €0.69/kWh and people would happily pay it for the speed and reliability of their plentiful chargers. It's such an occasional use case for the vast majority of owners that it's worth the premium (for now).

That being said, CCS stations are everywhere in NL.

Screenshot_20211101-084755.png
Wow! That’s a lot of chargers. I wish it looked like that in the States. Kind of makes the Tesla chargers redundant in NL. Over here it would make a huge improvement.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Wow! That’s a lot of chargers. I wish it looked like that in the States. Kind of makes the Tesla chargers redundant in NL. Over here it would make a huge improvement.
I'm wondering if there's a noticeable drop off in Supercharger usage in Europe as more HPC CCS stations come online. If so, it makes sense for Tesla to open up the network to maximize the investment.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
It makes sense to pilot this in Europe since Tesla uses CCS2 over there and doesn't need to figure out the whole adapter situation. Still not exactly sure how that will work over here.
I assume we'll see Tesla start selling adaptors on their website. $300 for a CCS adaptor plus the added charge at the station for not being a Tesla driver and boom, pretty good operation.

shark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
There's a reason I said many, as in not all, or some ... If you look at the Tesla based websites the comments are blatantly obvious that some, or many of them are not happy about this.

1635779081307.png
I know how he feels. I can't stand it when I go to the gas station with my F-150 and I have to look at BMW's. Some of the Tesla fan boys are a bit grating with their superiority complexes.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
It makes sense to pilot this in Europe since Tesla uses CCS2 over there and doesn't need to figure out the whole adapter situation. Still not exactly sure how that will work over here.
Yeah. I need a "meh" emote for this development. CCS2 in the EU (etc), no generally accepted standard here.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I assume we'll see Tesla start selling adaptors on their website. $300 for a CCS adaptor plus the added charge at the station for not being a Tesla driver and boom, pretty good operation.
Sadly it won't be that cheap. The official Tesla CHAdeMO adapter was $450 (which is no longer offered for sale).

Many third party CCS1 to Tesla adapters are $560+ so I expect the inverse to be similarly priced.

It's a crazy amount of money to spend on something you might only use a dozen times on a road trip.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Sadly it won't be that cheap. The official Tesla CHAdeMO adapter was $450 (which is no longer offered for sale).

Many third party CCS1 to Tesla adapters are $560+ so I expect the inverse to be similarly priced.

It's a crazy amount of money to spend on something you might only use a dozen times on a road trip.
Agreed. Something $500 would be a tough pill to swallow, especially as the other charging networks get better and more widely available.

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
Great! What is the rate you pay? Same as Tesla cars?
Also , was this a government push or Tesla opened up on its own?
it is app. €0.57/€0.59 per kWh and with membership €0.24
Tesla is investigating this option, I suspect a businessplan with some help from the German government, they want this for the EU, all charging stations open for all?

Reactions: EVS

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
When I filter for 200+ kW chargers there aren't as many as I expected. Many of the chargers are 50 kW. Here are all the 200 kW ones
Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging at Tesla Superchargers (Netherlands - Pilot) 1635804178857

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Honestly, I'm amazed at the number of Tesla Superchargers in Netherlands... each location has 12+ stations too.

Coverage in the US is no where like this even for Tesla.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging at Tesla Superchargers (Netherlands - Pilot) 1635804431214

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Maybe not in FL, but here in California we don't have the density, but each location has between 10-40 chargers. So although there might not be as many as often the banks of them are massive.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging at Tesla Superchargers (Netherlands - Pilot) 1635804756970

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Honestly, I'm amazed at the number of Tesla Superchargers in Netherlands... each location has 12+ stations too.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging at Tesla Superchargers (Netherlands - Pilot) 1635804756970
Charging anxiety would pretty much evaporate for folks if they could access the North American Supercharger network. On my regular long-distance route between Seattle and Boise, CCS and Superchargers would be perfectly spaced about every 50 miles or so.

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging at Tesla Superchargers (Netherlands - Pilot) 9B9E2C0E-A442-48D8-BA75-6CC0FD720C25
Here in the Mid-Atlantic region in the US, there's a high density along the travel routes (I-95 corridor).

I went on the Tesla website and looked at the two areas, which are roughly 82,944 sq km. Screen shots attached. The population density tends to be higher in Europe, so chargers appear to be in a wide range of locations, whereas with the US, depending where you look, there are plenty of rural locations that wouldn't make sense to put chargers. It's just the difference in the size of the US and density of the population, or lack of.

screen01.jpg

screen02.jpg