Reaction score
First Name
Raymond
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
My "240-volt" outlet normally sets around 250 volts. So 48 amp would yield around 12kW.
The actual voltage measured depends on the present loading of that main feeder from the transformer and the distance. At very early morning hours it may go above 250 VAC when no one is using any electrical apliances. My main breaker is on a column that is less than fifty feet from the pedestal transformer (we have buried utilty service), so I get over 250 VAC constantly.

macchiaz-o

Reaction score
Vehicles
Fiesta » '21 InfB/SG
Country flag

Kamuelaflyer

Reaction score
Vehicles
Old
Country flag
My Fusion updates are done with a SD card that I load with the software on my laptop after downloading from the Ford web page. So just choose the day and time (preferibly at night) to apply the updates. It takes less than 30 minutes.
We should ask for a "retro" option for the MME. An external floppy disc drive for updates. ;)

dbsb3233

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicles
2013 Ford Escape
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I recommend planning for your next EVs when you decide to buy a Level 2 EVSE. The next EVs may take higher charger power. You will save money spending more now.
It's hard to know how big batteries will be in 10 years. But I feel pretty good that a 40A charger (like the Grizzl-E I got) should be enough. In 12 hours overnight, it could theoretically deliver about 110 kWh. Overkill now for the MME, where the most I'd ever put in is ~85 kWh (and almost never at that). 50 kWh overnight would be plenty.

JamieGeek

Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Bolt EV, Thor Axis, former C-Max Energi, former Focus Electric
Country flag

Advertisement