hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
There are a few convenient ways to charge your Mustang Mach-E.* This video will teach you the basics, including how to use the Ford Mobile Charger that comes standard with every vehicle.** You'll never be too far from a charge if needed.

Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
This is a bit more involved than the one they made for the Focus Electric (which was basically "plug it in").

Look at that they got "14-50" correct! LOL

I like the light in the charge port too, nice touch.

Even on their map in the video there is virtually no chargers in North Dakota, Montana, or the UP of Michigan!

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I saw this video back when it was posted internally on September 3rd. Hopefully they publish the other videos too, they are all short like this one and have a similar look and feel so we'll see.....

Ford Mustang Mach-E: At Home Charging
Ford Mustang Mach-E: Charging on the Go
Ford Mustang Mach-E: Connected Navigation
Ford Mustang Mach-E: Drive Experiences and One Pedal Driving
Ford Mustang Mach-E: E-Latch
Ford Mustang Mach-E: Over the Air Updates
SYNC 4A Personalization

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
I saw this video back when it was posted internally on September 3rd. Hopefully they publish the other videos too, they are all short like this one and have a similar look and feel so we'll see.....

Ford Mustang Mach-E: At Home Charging
Ford Mustang Mach-E: Charging on the Go
Ford Mustang Mach-E: Connected Navigation
Ford Mustang Mach-E: Drive Experiences and One Pedal Driving
Ford Mustang Mach-E: E-Latch
Ford Mustang Mach-E: Over the Air Updates
SYNC 4A Personalization
any videos on how to cook stuff in your front cargo area?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
What does “2 years of complimentary access to pay as you go charging” mean? Does that mean “free”? Or does that just mean that Ford is allowing us to go and pay to plug our cars in to a high speed charging network and charge them?

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What does “2 years of complimentary access to pay as you go charging” mean? Does that mean “free”? Or does that just mean that Ford is allowing us to go and pay to plug our cars in to a high speed charging network and charge them?
My understanding is that you get free access to the Ford Pass Charging Network (one payment method via Ford Pass but many charging network providers under that umbrella). Then in 2 years it will probably become a subscription if you would like to keep having one payment method instead of many separate memberships to each charging provider. Either way you pay for the electricity (it's not free after the complementary 250 kWh on EA runs out).

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
what @hybrid2bev said. Additionally, there is speculation that 1) you'll get member pricing on the networks through FordPasd, and 2) plug-and-charge on EA may only be available through Ford Pass.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
To use the Ford connected charging station 48amps, what is the minimum circuit it will run safely on? I'm guessing 60 and not 50?

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
This is a bit more involved than the one they made for the Focus Electric (which was basically "plug it in").

Look at that they got "14-50" correct! LOL

I like the light in the charge port too, nice touch.

Even on their map in the video there is virtually no chargers in North Dakota, Montana, or the UP of Michigan!
I wonder if the release of this video means Ford will be releasing details about the sale of the Ford Connected Charging Station soon.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
If they're putting out videos on charging at home for the MME, we've got to be getting pretty close to the car getting into people's hands.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I think I'll buy a 3rd party 40 amp nema 14-50 unit. They seem to be $300-$600 or so.
Sponsored