Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
Opening to the front is a good design. That means if it was open going down road then windstream would push it shut. If you look at travel trailers/RV's they are designed the same way. This prevents it from getting torn off if accidently opened somehow while traveling. We have a Leaf and the door opens up on front of car. I don't like this as this is point of strongest wind resistance and if it came slightly open it would be ripped off and go back to hit front window. Luckily the Leaf will not start unless the front charging panel is shut and locked.
Sponsored

Lukeh02

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14’ Taurus (21’ Mustang ME)
Country flag
While I like easter eggs, this one seems so over-the-top full of itself as to be arrogant. Easter eggs shouldn't be something you see every day, IMO.
its hidden, its funny.
if Tesla did something like this then I bet you'd love it...

Daniel M

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
While I like easter eggs, this one seems so over-the-top full of itself as to be arrogant. Easter eggs shouldn't be something you see every day, IMO.
We won't call it an easter egg then. Its a pony for pony loving fans!

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
The classic gasoline filler cover had diiferent positions in older cars. Some had it behind the rear license plate, and others had it integrated in the left tail fin. I know because I was an employee of a gasoline station in the 1970s and I had to find all the different gasoline filling points for each car. Modern cars have the cover on the rear fender, and, if you have not known it, the tiny gas pump icon in the dashboard near the fuel gage points to the side (left or right) where the filler cover is.

As for the cover themselves, the modern ones always swing out toward the front. So the charge post cover, as a replacement for the gas filler, will do the same on most cars. But most electric vehicles has that charge por on the left front fender near the driver. Only a few (the Nissal Leaf in the front center, and the Tesla in the rear fender) are different.

I expect future electric vehicles to have wireless charging, either overhead or underneath the floor.
Ahem, the Mini (as is its' i-3 cousin) are in the rear passenger quarter panel ;). Their doors both swing out.

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
its hidden, its funny.
if Tesla did something like this then I bet you'd love it...
No, I wouldn't. Why so aggressive and personal?

It's absolutely not hidden when you see it every day. The pony graphic I love, the "HORSEPOWER" pun not at all.

Guess I could put a sticker over it.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
No, I wouldn't. Why so aggressive and personal?

It's absolutely not hidden when you see it every day. The pony graphic I love, the "HORSEPOWER" pun not at all.

Guess I could put a sticker over it.
I love the pun.

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, 2022 Bronco 2D SAS, 1985.5 Mustang SVO
Country flag
When you say "Mustang", one of, if not thee first word that should come to your mind is horsepower.

I've owned Mustangs from age 16 to now 50 and horsepower is what gets your adrenaline pumping. Mine personally have all been performance variants.

Like it or not, horsepower comes from the Mustang roots and is a major part of it's history and makeup.

I love these nice touches Ford had put into their new vehicles. Bronco has a lot too.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I expect future electric vehicles to have wireless charging, either overhead or underneath the floor.
I believe there are aftermarket floor based wireless chargers for some models already in the market - would be great if Ford helped develop one

roguemustang

First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023.5 Grabber Blue GTPE (ordered)
Country flag
I always thought that the reason for the front (usually driver side) charger wasn't because it was easier to charge, but because it's easier to remember to unplug it. I've known several businesses and people who made it a policy to loop any extension cords charging things (not EV's, but block heaters or refrigerator units or RV hookups or battery chargers) over the driver's rearview mirror so they didn't forget to unplug it before driving off.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I always thought that the reason for the front (usually driver side) charger wasn't because it was easier to charge, but because it's easier to remember to unplug it. I've known several businesses and people who made it a policy to loop any extension cords charging things (not EV's, but block heaters or refrigerator units or RV hookups or battery chargers) over the driver's rearview mirror so they didn't forget to unplug it before driving off.
Pretty sure the Mach-E (and I suspect all EVs) won't let you put the car in gear if the car is charging.