kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
How is the charging door secured (IS it secured)? In a recent video from one of the auto shows it appeared that someone just walked up to the charging door and opened it. Is there an internal release for it? What do other Fords like the Fusion or C-MAX Energi have?
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
The Fusion Energi, C-Max Energi, and Focus Electric(FFE, at least before the FFE had the DCFC) all had a circle thingy with a dimple. You would push the dimple and it would pop out and open by rotating out of the way.

I believe the DCFC equipped FFE's was a simple push in and it would pop out about 1/2" and you'd grab and pull. The Bolt's door works this way: Push in to release (it then pops out 1/2" or so--er I mean "presents" ! LOL then you grab it and open); to close just close it all the way pushing it in to latch.

My guess is that the Mach-E's works in a similar manner--its not like someone is going to siphon off your electrons so it doesn't need a lock.

Mister Mitch

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Flex Limited
Occupation
Retired Navy
Country flag
My guess is that the Mach-E's works in a similar manner--its not like someone is going to siphon off your electrons so it doesn't need a lock.
Another reason why the BEV is better than the ICE.

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
On our 2019 Leaf Plus you press a button on the dash that pops the charging port. Sort of like a locking cover on a ICE. Our Chevy Bolt you just pressed the cover and it popped open. I prefer the way that Nissan does it with the leaf. Keeps some mischievous person from messing with the charging connections....at least without prying the cover open. Locks only keep honest people from becoming dishonest.
Sponsored