John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1st car: 1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E X Premium
Occupation
Retired Master Certified Heavy Truck Technician
Country flag
I am using the OEM charger and it is hooked up to a 50-amp plug installed specifically to charge my car. I don't remember having charging issues in cooler weather. (This is my first summer with the car). Today, garage open, fans running, and 91 degrees, I got an error code on my app.

'Stang has unexpectantly stopped charging. Please try unplugging your vehicle and plugging it back in again to resume charging."

I also get the amber fault light on the charger itself at times. The manual says that it's rebooting after a fault. The circuit breaker, the charger and the charge wire are warm, by not hot enough for me to be alarmed.

My service rep says that I should start at the power source, that's usually the problem. I suspect the charger itself, maybe the car. Anyone else experience this issue?
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I am using the OEM charger and it is hooked up to a 50-amp plug installed specifically to charge my car. I don't remember having charging issues in cooler weather. (This is my first summer with the car). Today, garage open, fans running, and 91 degrees, I got an error code on my app.

'Stang has unexpectantly stopped charging. Please try unplugging your vehicle and plugging it back in again to resume charging."

I also get the amber fault light on the charger itself at times. The manual says that it's rebooting after a fault. The circuit breaker, the charger and the charge wire are warm, by not hot enough for me to be alarmed.

My service rep says that I should start at the power source, that's usually the problem. I suspect the charger itself, maybe the car. Anyone else experience this issue?
Start here: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/ford-mobile-charger-is-not-meant-for-daily-use.18408/