Charging information on the MCU.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Does anyone have information about what kind of charging data the MME will display while charging?
Pictures...Facts...Rumors...Speculation
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This isn't during charging, but it is a screenshot of the charge time setup, if that helps any.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging information on the MCU. Ford Mustang Mach E Display and UI - First Look - YouTube - 0 28

OP
OP
ajmartineau

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
That is a cool screenshot. It can be set for "work" and then possibly of other locations for at least two different charging times during the day to avoid peak rates from the power company and to allow someone to have two vehicles sharing the same breaker. Also if I set the car to charge at 2 am, I know the clothes dry won't be going so that could also be a shared power source.

HEY FORD!!!
I'm looking to have the following displayed on that huge screen while charging: kW &/or MPH charge speed, time to complete, charge limiting adjustments for amperage and battery full %, maybe even some deep-dive data like what 3rd party apps have such as Battery temp, cell voltage, etc (see leafspy, torque pro, teslaspy).

OP
OP
ajmartineau

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I hate having to depend on the charger's screen for my information. They are often unreadable. Rain, reflections, UV damage, vandalism, etc. all make them hard to read from the safety of your car, see below.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging information on the MCU. 487742

OP
OP
ajmartineau

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
The Bolt shows finish time when the car is off which is nice (also on the app). When the car is on it only shows net kW into the battery like you are using regen braking. You can set the charge limit 5% at a time from 50%-100%. No battery pecentage.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
That is a cool screenshot. It can be set for "work" and then possibly of other locations for at least two different charging times during the day to avoid peak rates from the power company and to allow someone to have two vehicles sharing the same breaker. Also if I set the car to charge at 2 am, I know the clothes dry won't be going so that could also be a shared power source.

HEY FORD!!!
I'm looking to have the following displayed on that huge screen while charging: kW &/or MPH charge speed, time to complete, charge limiting adjustments for amperage and battery full %, maybe even some deep-dive data like what 3rd party apps have such as Battery temp, cell voltage, etc (see leafspy, torque pro, teslaspy).
Thats how the Focus Electric's go-times works.

Its GPS/location based "Work" isn't just a label, its a "waypoint" in that those times work when the car is plugged in at that location.

Thus at a minimum the Mach-E should be able to do that since if it didn't they would be walking back features they've already done.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Anyone seen the ecobee thermostat efficiency reports?

I'd like to see something similar for the car. I'd just log in to ford.com whenever I feel like it and they'll have been accumulating reports and graphs (and raw data for download) like this:

kWh used per day, month, months, years

Same, but kWh per miles driven, or the inverse of that.

Miles driven per day, month, etc.

My driving efficiency (miles per kWh) compared to other drivers in household, and others with same car in my geographical region.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Anyone seen the ecobee thermostat efficiency reports?

I'd like to see something similar for the car. I'd just log in to ford.com whenever I feel like it and they'll have been accumulating reports and graphs (and raw data for download) like this:

kWh used per day, month, months, years

Same, but kWh per miles driven, or the inverse of that.

Miles driven per day, month, etc.

My driving efficiency (miles per kWh) compared to other drivers in household, and others with same car in my geographical region.
You could get something like this out of the Focus Electric with MyFordMobile.

The website would even rank you against other Focus Electric drivers (nationally and in your area). They really did gameify driving an EV with the Focus Electric. You would even earn awards as you drove around, more awards for higher efficiency.

OP
OP
ajmartineau

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Here is a shot of the MCU displaying information I have not seen before. Great for new EV drivers.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging information on the MCU. 64D8258D-E8BC-40E1-8CF1-C947ACE3CD37

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I'm sure Ford will be mining all that information. Why not let the owners benefit as well?
Sponsored