Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
Hi All,

Charged my car over night using the Ford Level 2 charger that cam with the car. The miles on the car were 119 and I believe the charge percentage was around 32% range. The number of miles added to the car over an 8 hour period was 50 miles.

I have include the charging statistics from the Ford Pass app. They all seem to be normal (except for the number of miles added). BTW my chare time is from 10PM to ^am and I charge to 80%. You will see charge to 100% because I changed t to100% because it was going to stop charging.

Any thoughts/suggestions.

Thanks!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging Issue At Home on Ford Level 2 Charger Screenshot_20230607_054706_FordPass
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Ford seems to be messing with the mileage estimation algorithm. Ignore the miles and just look at the percentage.

OP
OP

Dan the Man

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
The percentage is wrong too. It's at 51% and I started at around 32%. 20+% added in a 8 hour time period is not right.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
You charged for just under 2 hours. Total kW divided by rate.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Miles added is a bad statistic to use for comparison. Just go by kWh added, kW rate, and time.

Miles is calculated on that based on YOUR driving and YOUR car’s efficiency statistics at the time you charge.

OP
OP

Dan the Man

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
Not sure what you are referring too. The car was on the charger for over 8 hours. See the screen shoot I included in original post.

An update was recently applied. It was the one to improve DC charging. I believe this is the first time I have charged at home after this update was applied. I' not sure if this has anything to do with it but it is a bit suspicious.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Not sure what you are referring too. The car was on the charger for over 8 hours. See the screen shoot I included in original post.

An update was recently applied. It was the one to improve DC charging. I believe this is the first time I have charged at home after this update was applied. I' not sure if this has anything to do with it but it is a bit suspicious.
“Time on charger” does not mean time actively charging. It’s just how long you were plugged in. Does or has your mobile charger ever overheated, amber light? That could cause the charger to pause charging.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
Your vehicle's location is visible in that screenshot. You might want to crop that off.

This screenshot alone doesn't give us enough information to tell you if something is wrong.

The vehicle only charged for about two hours. But this doesn't say why.

What does the charge log say (you shared the details information from the home screen--the vehicle tab has a charging screen with charge logs)?

Did you get an error message?

Is the charger showing a fault?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The percentage is wrong too. It's at 51% and I started at around 32%. 20+% added in a 8 hour time period is not right.

You're not understanding the information in the app. As stated, time on charger is irrelevant, it's the time you plugged in, until now. That isn't the same as the time it spent charging.

You are charging at 6.XkW per hour (Ford cuts off the decimal). That is the correct rate for the Ford Mobile Charger.

You added 11.6kW. 11.6 / 6.X is less than 2 hours. THAT is how long you've been charging.

Charge to 100% button is showing BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOT SELECTED IT. It is charging to whatever limit you have selected, and in whatever hours you have selected. If you hit that button, it will ignore the limit and time and charge to 100%.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Your charging shows 11.6 kWh of charge added. What year is your Mach E? Do you have a SR or ER battery?

What you saw was:
11.6/70= 16.5% charge added SR battery
11.6/91= 12.7% added ER

11.6 kWh/8.5hours = 1.4 kW charging rate
Clearly, your charger didn't charge the car all night.

If it had charged all night, you would have seen
6kW * 8.5 = 51 kWh added
or
51/70= 72.8% charge added SR
51/91= 56% added ER

OP
OP

Dan the Man

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
I looked at the charging log. Here are the stats.

Plug in time 9:20 PM
Charging start 3:34AM
Charging End 7:18Am
Unplugged 7:21AM

I have my charging start time at 10PM

I dont understand why it sis not start charging until 3:3AM

This is the first time that it did not charge to my selected range and percentage.

I have A 2022 Premium extend range battery
Sponsored