Al your Pal

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
Country flag
Welp I’m out of ideas to fix this, anyone else had this issue and what did you do to fix?

everything was fine except repeated charge faults all the time. Took to the dealer to get the recalls done, and no more charge faults. Awesome.

problem is now, when I got it back, it like kind of forgot my “home” charging location. So it kept charging past 90%.
I couldn’t find the home charging location in the app, but I couldn’t set it up again in the car. Like some residual memory still had the location somewhere.

finally get it removed, then added it again with limit set at 90%. But the car keeps charging to 100%.

anyone else have this issue, and if so how did you fix it?

thanks
Sponsored

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Change the home charging setting. You have it set to “charge when plugged in”. Set it to “use preferred charging settings” >> Anytime without setting up a schedule.

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
How many times have you tried since deleting and adding? You have to charge once and then it’ll charge to your 90%. Also sometimes mine charges to 100% for no good reason I can see.

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Select AWD SR
Country flag
Change the home charging setting. You have it set to “charge when plugged in”. Set it to “use preferred charging settings” >> Anytime without setting up a schedule.
Same issue as of recent. Just changed my settings, fingers crossed!

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Same issue as of recent. Just changed my settings, fingers crossed!
Everyone gets this issue at least once.. You set it up when you get the MME and forget the setting. Intuitively “charge when plugged in” makes sense, but it should be labeled as “disregard all the settings when plugged in”

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is it recommended to charge to 80 or 90% for a regular basis/daily use (not road trip prepping)… ?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Is it recommended to charge to 80 or 90% for a regular basis/daily use (not road trip prepping)… ?
Yes, 90% is the recommendation in the manual. Originally, the manual stated 80% but they've upped it to 90%. You can charge to 100% if you're planning on immediately using it after, the batteries just don't like to stay and low or high states of charge for long periods of time. So you can probably get away with charging to 100% daily if you're going to be immediately using it and getting it to below 90% before stopping. If you're selling the car in a few years or turning it in with Ford Options, you can probably do 100% and never notice battery degradation.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Yes, 90% is the recommendation in the manual. Originally, the manual stated 80% but they've upped it to 90%.
The first printing of the manual said 90% (2021 Job 1). Then they changed it to say "less than 100%" for 2021 Job 2. Now it's back to 90% for 2022 models. Where was it 80%?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The first printing of the manual said 90% (2021 Job 1). Then they changed it to say "less than 100%" for 2021 Job 2. Now it's back to 90% for 2022 models. Where was it 80%?
The fact that it was changed from 90% to less than 100%, and back to 90%, should get someone fired. That kind of micro BS changing shows a total waste of time and effort focused in the wrong place.

It never said 80%.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Ah, I thought it originally said 80% and could have sworn I remember reading posts of people saying that it originally said 80% but was updated to 90% very shortly after release.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Ah, I thought it originally said 80% and could have sworn I remember reading posts of people saying that it originally said 80% but was updated to 90% very shortly after release.
This is from the manual that I printed in May 2021. It says 90%. Don’t know where the 80% came from except discussions of fast chargers SOC charging cliff. Maybe when the MME first came out it said 80%

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging not stopping at 90%? E0E473AC-48D1-4448-A4FA-210D6AA2EDFC

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is from the manual that I printed in May 2021. It says 90%. Don’t know where the 80% came from except discussions of fast chargers SOC charging cliff. Maybe when the MME first came out it said 80%

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging not stopping at 90%? E0E473AC-48D1-4448-A4FA-210D6AA2EDFC
Thank you for this!

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
It says charge to 80% while DC fast charging. 90% for everyday AC charging.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging not stopping at 90%? Screen Shot 2022-05-21 at 8.07.05 PM

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
Everyone gets this issue at least once.. You set it up when you get the MME and forget the setting. Intuitively “charge when plugged in” makes sense, but it should be labeled as “disregard all the settings when plugged in”
Thank you...

So thank you for the clear explanation of what why the charge settings are being ignored.

I went back and forth with Ford for the past 10 days. They never suggested this. I even sent them screen shots and they have not figured out why my car is not following the charge limit I have set.

I would streamline that button choice to be:

"charge immediately to 100%”
or
"use preferred charge settings"

The wording of "Charge when plugged in" is simply very misleading since there is a location set.

HOWEVER: better yet...Just eliminate the button choices. There is a location set. If you plug in there, follow the settings is always what I want. If I want to override the settings and go to 100% I already have that button on the app. Perhaps add that button to the UI on the car, but the whole point of a location setting is to follow the location settings. Not clear why either button is needed.

I would also like to see a global button that I can choose the default for every location that I could then over-ride if I wish.

Last edited: