Bfin58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I have posted before on this issue, but still can't get it resolved. 70% of the time when I plug in at night, I wake up with the message "Charging Paused at Home". Which is really irritating when you are late for a morning flight and charging paused randomly in the middle of the night. It will work if I unplug and plug back in. Randomly, it will charge all the way through the night (30% of the time). I have done all the basics - unplugged the mobile charger, made sure the cord was connected properly, etc. My setting is set to "Charge when plugged in"

Any advice would be great. Thank you.
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I have posted before on this issue, but still can't get it resolved. 70% of the time when I plug in at night, I wake up with the message "Charging Paused at Home". Which is really irritating when you are late for a morning flight and charging paused randomly in the middle of the night. It will work if I unplug and plug back in. Randomly, it will charge all the way through the night (30% of the time). I have done all the basics - unplugged the mobile charger, made sure the cord was connected properly, etc. My setting is set to "Charge when plugged in"

Any advice would be great. Thank you.
What color was the light on the charger when it does this?

I’ve only seen that message once and I had an amber light in the charger. No clue why, but unplugging from the wall fixed it.

Ford Mustang Mach-E "Charging Paused at Home" 2DDE81BD-15A8-42D0-BA1C-C3C48585474D

OP
OP

Bfin58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
When it shows "Charging Paused at Home" the wall charger is amber. The problem is I need to trust when I wake up in the morning it is fully charged. 70% of the time it is stopping in the middle of the night. My setting is set to "Charge When Plugged In". Thanks.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When it shows "Charging Paused at Home" the wall charger is amber. The problem is I need to trust when I wake up in the morning it is fully charged. 70% of the time it is stopping in the middle of the night. My setting is set to "Charge When Plugged In". Thanks.
When I posted mine, others said it does that if there’s a power surge or outage.

How consistent is the power in your area?

Other possibility: bad charger. Have dealer swap it out.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Tim H

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ionic
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I experienced this problem today for the first time. Charging at home had stopped overnight at 55% because of some problem. Error message said to unplug and plug back in. If the problem persists contact your service department (or something like that). I unplugged and plugged back in and everything seems fine - car is up to 62% after an hour. But if I had needed a fully charged car this morning when I got up I'd have been s#$%-out-of-luck. Hopefully this doesn't become a regular occurrence.

OP
OP

Bfin58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Hi Tim. I hope it does not for you as well. For me it started infrequently, now it happens a majority of the time. Soonest I can get into the Ford dealership is 2/26, so I was hoping maybe someone on this forum has a fix.

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
I have the Pulsar Wallbox charger and haven't seen this issue yet. Makes me think it might have to do with the Ford Charger.

Johnny B

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium RWD 2017Nissan Titan XD Diesel
Occupation
Retired Software Developer
Country flag
Ford Mobile Charger I assume. Only time I've seen the amber light is when the short cord is not fully seated. A bad connection here can cause excessive heating and a shutdown.

Are you charging at 240 volts? If so, are you on a 50 Amp breaker? Does the problem occur when charging at 120 volts?

I'd try charging at a time that you can monitor the EVSE and get an idea of how long it runs before shutting down and then checking for heating at the three power connection points: wall, short cord, vehicle.

Ebf1974

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME premium awd extended range
Country flag
Being the godforsaken shitbox that my 2021 Mach E is, it all of the sudden won't charge anywhere with any charger under any circumstances. Flashing orange light at the charge port when plugged in with OEM charger or my Wallbox charger at 240v or 120v. Makes the car useless when you can't charge it at any speed. After a year of piddly bullshit problems with this car it had just hit its stride and was actually working kind of like you'd hope for (except for doors not opening and the range calculator getting stupid) when it has to go to shit with this latest malfunction. If electrical appliances worked this badly, no one would bother having a washer, dryer or toaster oven. So frustrating.
Sponsored