Hollygangle

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I charged last night and this morning when I went to unplug the charger, the charging light did not turn on to indicate the level of charge. This afternoon I plugged it back in to charge and the light, which usually pulses when charging, did not turn on. It seems to be charging fine, however. Also, what does the button in the center of the lights do?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging port light no longer indicates charge PXL_20220530_215742483
Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging port light no longer indicates charge PXL_20220530_215747070

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Might you have inadvertently turned it off through the menu in the center screen? The center button is for stopping the charge at a DCFC station.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
Check on your Sync screen. This happen to me on my first charge. I thought cool charge port light is cool. Then the second time charging the it wasn't on. Checked the sync screen the charge port light toggle was off.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
The button is for stopping a DCFC charge and disengaging the lock. Page 173 from the 2022 manual.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging port light no longer indicates charge Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 16.55.05

OP
OP
Hollygangle

Hollygangle

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Check on your Sync screen. This happen to me on my first charge. I thought cool charge port light is cool. Then the second time charging the it wasn't on. Checked the sync screen the charge port light toggle was off.
I'm not finding a charge port light toggle. Do you remember where you found it?

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
I'm not finding a charge port light toggle. Do you remember where you found it?
Go to the sync screen and go to Settings. There's a Charge Icon button. You may have to slide the screen up to see more icons. You press that that and should see the charge port light toggle.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Reset your charger.

OP
OP
Hollygangle

Hollygangle

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Go to the sync screen and go to Settings. There's a Charge Icon button. You may have to slide the screen up to see more icons. You press that that and should see the charge port light toggle.
Yes, I see the Charge icon button, but there is no charge port light toggle that I can see. Sorry, I'm going to need visual aids, I guess. I've been all over the menu and not found any charge port light toggle.

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
Yes, I see the Charge icon button, but there is no charge port light toggle that I can see. Sorry, I'm going to need visual aids, I guess. I've been all over the menu and not found any charge port light toggle.
PXL_20220601_191455577.jpg

JAM

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
The latest software update makes a major change on the UI and the charge port light setting switch is no longer available, that I can find.

dj_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium -> 2023 GTPE
Country flag
The latest software update makes a major change on the UI and the charge port light setting switch is no longer available, that I can find.
I can’t find it either. I wonder why they removed it. Too many people hogging up free chargers?

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
I was reading through the manual and other posts, trying to find out how to turn off the blue "Charge" indicator lights. The charger/unlock icon is greyed out on the controls page. It looks like you are not able to turn off the ring of blue charge lights, at the charge port door anymore?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging port light no longer indicates charge IMG_1072
Sponsored