B Gray

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Fusion. Pre Mach-E Carb Gray
Country flag
Has anyone been falling short of there full charge mileage?

I have the Premium X Tended range and when I charge the highest full charge was 273.
The few other charges it runs from 255-260. Which is not 280-300

I have put on 900 miles and have done 4 full charges and two part
Sponsored

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
The range meter is known as the "Guess-O-Meter" or GoM. Fords is pretty pessimistic. It is not actual range, it is the range the car is guessing. Actual range depends on a ton of different factors. You may very well get 300+ miles of range depending on your driving habits.

Going 80mph on the interstate is going to have a lower range than 45mph around town (unless its super cold maybe).

Keep in mind if the heater runs you're going to lose significant range. Lower outdoor temps will have that meter go way down. At 25º I saw 150 miles from 100% charge without a pre-conditioned cabin/battery on my FE.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
2wd Select.. ? 230 max range.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging Short of full Mileage IMG_20210312_160517

Trede

First Name
Trede
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I know this is debated, but personally I *LIKE* that Ford isn't playing the same game the other EV mfrs are. Sure, it makes direct-on-paper comparisons more difficult (and less favorable for Ford, btw), but if the choices are "You might get this range downhill with a tailwind" and "This is probably a middle-of-the-road/pessimistic estimate" I'll take the latter.
That said, I totally get the "play the same game as everyone else" argument. YMMV

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Has anyone been falling short of there full charge mileage?

I have the Premium X Tended range and when I charge the highest full charge was 273.
The few other charges it runs from 255-260. Which is not 280-300

I have put on 900 miles and have done 4 full charges and two part
If you want a better predictor of the range than the one on the driver display, go to your Trip Meters page. Look at what you've been experiencing on the meters for miles/kWh. Take that and multiply by 88 (ER battery capacity) or 68 (SR). That's a better range estimate for that same type of driving and weather conditions.

I'm keeping Trip2 as the life of the car for now. After 654 miles, I've crept up to an overall average of 3.0 miles/kWh, after initially being around 2.5. But it was colder the first week, and I was spending a lot of time in the car just sitting while checking out settings. I was also driving more "fun" with it. Now I'm settling into more regular driving. There's a good mix of 75 MPH highway in there, 50 MPH mountain, and some city.

3.0 miles/kWh x 88 = 264. Almost exactly the 270 EPA range for my FE. 3.07 miles/kWh would be "par" for the AWD (3.41 for the RDW).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging Short of full Mileage 20210312_143226
Sponsored