Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachEGT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My 240 nema charger stopped at 3:30 am. about half way to a 90 % charge. wall charger light turned amber. coincidentally received a software update which i assumed stopped my charger from charging. couldn’t get much help from Ford Pass. My son advised me to unplug the charger then replug. solved the charger problem. anyone experience this problem?
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
My 240 nema charger stopped at 3:30 am. about half way to a 90 % charge. wall charger light turned amber. coincidentally received a software update which i assumed stopped my charger from charging. couldn’t get much help from Ford Pass. My son advised me to unplug the charger then replug. solved the charger problem. anyone experience this problem?
Yes, many. If you're using the Ford Mobile Charger, it often overheats and displays that light. See if it repeats.

OP
OP

Dondan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachEGT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
it never happened before. i surmised it was due to the software update.

DustyShades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWD Ex Infinite Blue
Country flag
If you’re using the included mobile charger as your every day charger, it’s a ticking time bomb until it just stops working entirely. For did not build it to be durable enough to use every day. I’d recommend you get a dedicated EVSE as soon as possible so you don’t get burned without a working charger.

db4z

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Country flag
I had a lot of problems with my Ford mobile charger in summer when my garage would be over 95F. I think it is the sensor in the plug making sure the reciprocal is not getting too hot as directing a fan at plug stopped the issue, but it is probably not safe long term solution.

It is also a good idea to check the torque on the set screws for the wires going into the reciprocal as it common for them to lossen as the wire yields from heat cycles and poor clamp force on the wires will increase resistance and heat.
Sponsored

Last edited: