Charging to 100% when limit set to 90%

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I just had this happen myself.

Does anyone know if Ford plans to eventually DITCH this location based charging and just have a default thing setup so it follows a default profile?

I had a GPS location thing error where it moved the MME to a few blocks away and ended up charging to 100% too at peak energy rates even.

Very annoying.

I don't see the benefit of location based charging at all and hope they get rid of this. Even my Bolt can stop at whatever I set it to.
Sponsored

Bt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Mazda 3
Country flag
I just had this happen myself.

Does anyone know if Ford plans to eventually DITCH this location based charging and just have a default thing setup so it follows a default profile?

I had a GPS location thing error where it moved the MME to a few blocks away and ended up charging to 100% too at peak energy rates even.

Very annoying.

I don't see the benefit of location based charging at all and hope they get rid of this. Even my Bolt can stop at whatever I set it to.
I think something happened with Ford's web services. I plugged in my car last night and set to 90%. I have a limit on my charge point charger for times to charge. I woke up to an alert that my car is now charged to 100%.

So I wonder if it's something related to the cloud to car syncing of commands about what to charge to and when.

Nemy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Mach-E Premium X
Country flag
This happened to me recently too. I miss the simplicity of charging the Bolt. One of the biggest things that the Bolt got right - priority charging and departure charging.

I hope it gets fixed. They also need to "fix" the MME departure time so it's not just a glorified remote start and potentially prolong our batteries.

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Weekends are set the same as Weekdays. They had both been set to anytime. I have since changed the time for both to 1 PM - 12 PM. This is still a pain in the a$$. With this setting I have to make sure I don't start a charge session before noon because it will stop charging at noon.

I will see how this works out the next time I charge it, probably next week some time.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Weekends are set the same as Weekdays. They had both been set to anytime. I have since changed the time for both to 1 PM - 12 PM. This is still a pain in the a$$. With this setting I have to make sure I don't start a charge session before noon because it will stop charging at noon.

I will see how this works out the next time I charge it, probably next week some time.
Ok, so last thing to check ( you probably already did). On the previous settings page, you don’t have “Charge when plugged in” selected, right? That was the OP’s problem.

Nemy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Mach-E Premium X
Country flag
Happened again last night and I checked the logs. It registered my car on the other side of town at a store that I left 2 hours before I plugged in at home...

@Ford Motor Company able to check anything on the back end?

Screenshot_20221010-223919_FordPass.jpg

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I looked at mine again and noticed that the Ford charging time was not what was really the time when it charged, it was like 6 hours later vs. what Ford tracked in the app.

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ok, so last thing to check ( you probably already did). On the previous settings page, you don’t have “Charge when plugged in” selected, right? That was the OP’s problem.

Nope, the setting is "Use preferred charge settings" (for Saved Locations)

danielcb

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2022 ER AWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I have this issue as well and I fell that location charging is messed up. I charge at my building fast chargers inside the garage, where of course there wont be any GPS signal coming through.
It seems to detect still, through cellular signal, that I'm at home but whatever I set there, it still charges to 100% if I live for too. It never stops at 80% I have set.

I agree that @Ford Motor Company should make this simple and provide us with a simple toggle that works everywhere and does not depend on GPS signal to work.

Fordmaybe

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No ford yet
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
Same issues here since an update

MikeM67

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE AWD XR (Man 8/25/2022 Del 10/25/2022)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Same issue. My location shows a place I've never been as my current location - now charges to 100%. Just give the option to charge to the same level no matter where you are with an override button!

danielcb

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2022 ER AWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
In my case, it even recognizes I'm at home and I get a notification saying that it will charge till 80%, but the charging does not stop at 80%. I always have to hurry down and unplug the car, which by then will have a bit over than 80% (due to delay and poor connectivity in my building garage)

They seriously need to revamp and simplify that. Other makers got this right and it shouldn't be rocket science for them to fix that in MME.
Sponsored