Pcp1701

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, Model Y, Model S
Country flag
I've had my MME for about 12 days not and only yesterday needed to charge at all. I decided to charge to 100% and when it hit that it read 230 miles capacity. It's a Premium AWD EX though, and I double checked the window sticker to be sure. I've seen videos re: the fact that the guessometer is conservative/pessimistic and that it's based on driving style, etc. but shouldn't it read the rated range when one hasn't even driven it after a full charge? What are others' experiencs please? Should I reset the trip odometer? I wouldn't want to find out months from now that they accidentally gave me the smaller battery! Thanks.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I've seen videos re: the fact that the guessometer is conservative/pessimistic and that it's based on driving style, etc.
That's the answer to your question.

It doesn't necessarily start at the rated range. If you didn't reset the driving history when you took it home, you should do that now. If you already did, don't reset it again so that it can learn your driving habits. It will take a while if you don't drive much. They didn't give you the wrong battery.

Reactions: ARK

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
I've had my MME for about 12 days not and only yesterday needed to charge at all. I decided to charge to 100% and when it hit that it read 230 miles capacity. It's a Premium AWD EX though, and I double checked the window sticker to be sure. I've seen videos re: the fact that the guessometer is conservative/pessimistic and that it's based on driving style, etc. but shouldn't it read the rated range when one hasn't even driven it after a full charge? What are others' experiencs please? Should I reset the trip odometer? I wouldn't want to find out months from now that they accidentally gave me the smaller battery! Thanks.
It's based in your most recent driving. If you look at your trip summary from your most recent trip(s), I'm guessing you'd see around 2.6 mi/kwh (230 miles divided by 88 kwh capacity).

Also FYI you generally should not charge to 100% unless you have a long trip coming up. The manual says you should charge it to 90% under normal circumstances (occasionally charging to 100% is ok as I mentioned above)

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
It's based in your most recent driving.
It's not just your recent driving. It's based on all the driving you've done since resetting the driving history. It's supposed to get more accurate over time as it records more info about how you drive. But if you haven't driven much, your recent driving and total driving history are probably about the same.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
This comes up several times a week at least. The estimated range it displays is stupidly conservative and means nothing. Search for "guess meter".

v8318cid

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MMe Prm. 4x , 19 Nissan Leaf, 22 GC 4xe
Occupation
Information Tech
Country flag
Just under 1k miles currently. The WAG-o-meter at last charge to 100% showed 287 miles (e4x model), whereas it started out showing 200 on a full charge right after purchase. Definitely based on driving, weather, climate use (probably a few other factors I'm not taking into account). For reference, we've been seeing average temps of 55F(low) and 80F (high) lately, mixed driving between rural and town roads, and minimal HVAC usage. Haven't been actively tracking mileage between charges, but have seen a solid 3.8 mi/kWh rating.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
The more you use it the more accurate the range estimate gets. For the last couple thousand miles my range estimate have been spot on. My car is a 4X as well and most mornings I am seeing 300+ range estimates on a full charge.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging to 100% 1618328255551

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging to 100% 1618328292566