DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Since anyone who lives in San Diego would know that .9% is not the number, to humor you I looked at your citation. It says this is the percentage of "used EVs". Not exactly sure that that means, but the footnote suggests this is the percentage of used cars on the market that are EVs, however they are defining this.

I don't have the current number and I'm not going to look for it, but electrified vehicles made up about 14% of all new light vehicle sales in 2019 and their market share has been growing at more than a 30% rate.

Also note that I mentioned metro San Diego. San Diego County is very large and the adoption of electric vehicles will be lower in the more rural areas.
Sponsored

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Good thing there's a handy part of the app for logging the issues. Is there a handy part of the service center that actually fixes them?
Her subsequent videos should say!

Funny thing is that I've known people who still love their Tesla despite having tons of problems.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Her subsequent videos should say!

Funny thing is that I've known people who still love their Tesla despite having tons of problems.
A have a colleague like that. "sure the quality is sh*t but it's the best car I've ever owned"

Of course for all I know his previous cars were a first generation Kia Rio and a Yugo.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Out of interest anyone know why the ID4 has a 77kWh battery but does 320 miles but the Mache-e has 75.7 kWh and does 273 miles?
The ID4 weights 2124kg and the Mach-e weighs 2218kg. So only 100kg in it thus the VW isn't much lighter to give 17% more range.
Lastly the mach-e accelerates better for the 0-60 stats. The Mach-e SR does it in 6.1 secs but the VW in 8.5 secs.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Out of interest anyone know why the ID4 has a 77kWh battery but does 320 miles but the Mache-e has 75.7 kWh and does 273 miles?
The ID4 weights 2124kg and the Mach-e weighs 2218kg. So only 100kg in it thus the VW isn't much lighter to give 17% more range.
Lastly the mach-e accelerates better for the 0-60 stats. The Mach-e SR does it in 6.1 secs but the VW in 8.5 secs.
Are you referencing epa or wltp? No epa only estimates (targets) from ford to date. I have not seen the test results for the VW either. I think the ID.4 does not have an awd yet; are you comparing the two SR RWD units? Until results from EPA and real world testing come out all is up in the air and can be a bit of smoke and mirrors.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Are you referencing epa or wltp? No epa only estimates (targets) from ford to date. I have not seen the test results for the VW either. I think the ID.4 does not have an awd yet; are you comparing the two SR RWD units? Until results from EPA and real world testing come out all is up in the air and can be a bit of smoke and mirrors.
It says WLTP on the vw website 1st edition. Im comparing vs the SR RWD.

TheLight75

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Thanks. That’s perfect.

What is the out the door price for those two cars. The $42k Bolt rolls out the door under $32k all day.
I paid $45k for my Kona Ultimate EV in 2019. The dealers had trouble keeping them in stock so there was no room to negotiate down.

TheLight75

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I believe you answered it yourself. ? The MME is a little heavier and it’s faster acceleration pulls more out of the battery.

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab, Tesla Model 3P
Country flag
In San Diego metro electric vehicles have a market share of about 15%.
Per the University of San Diego, using DMV registration data, the EV market share in San Diego was 12% in 2018. It has since trended higher.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Checking out alternatives Untitled

Per the California New Car Dealers Association, the current market share of BEVs in California is around 6%. It is higher in San Diego than the state as a whole; I could buy it being 15% if not higher.

The link to the percent of EVs among used cars from @LYTMCQ is of course lopsided in favor of non BEVs, since they've dominated car sales for decades and most useful BEVs are relatively new.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Checking out alternatives stats

Last edited:
Reactions: DBC